This is what happens when you buy from Sonic Electronix...............

Have bought from Sonic before w/o issues also returned an item w/o issues. Now here's the real issue with them. Some warehouse got shut down/closed for whatever reason therefore that's when all the issues with customers started. No phone calls, no more returns allowable, waiting longer than usual for items to arrive, very difficult to get ahold of a customer rep, etc.
wow you just listed all the issues I had today.........You... you're good you //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I live close by to their old warehouse and main office in Chatsworth. I called them up one time because I was having issues w/ an item I bought and I asked if I could just return it to their Chatsworth location instead of sending it to their warehouse in Kentucky. The CSR told me that they closed down their west coast warehouse and everything is being shipped and returned to their Kentucky warehouse.

Sonic needs to do update their website because it's still stating that they have two warehouses, one for the west coast and one for the east coast. Plus it's also showing that they still do installs at their still supposed open warehouse. And if you do get a hold of one of their CSRs, good luck trying to hear them. At least for me, it was hard to since there was so much background noise w/ employees laughing and joking around in the background. Also, it did take me awhile to get a hold of one of their CSRs. And I think that their CSRs are still located in California since the area code is Cali number last I checked.

tried calling them no luck there waiting for response I will keep post updated I think you meant $79 each and yes I guess it shouldn't be a surprise since its not an aluminum frame I'll just keep saying and owning that I titled this post wrong.
https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_89948_NVX-NSW104V2-NSW104-v2.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping-campaign-remnant-traffic&utm_keyword=&gclid=CjwKCAjwhcjVBRBHEiwAoDe5xyliY8KGwHDNNJ2Ess-mvhVNbzZuCbcgX3JKq50w7UMfsmzP5STQ1BoCKCAQAvD_BwE

49.99 each with "free" shipping and buy one get one 50% off promo. So 75$ a pair by my math. 一分钱一分货

wrong subs brother wrong series //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif Look at my images I have the vs series not ns mine are $99 on sale for $79 each either way they wont do anything about shipping so I retract all apologies about title looks like it was very accurate!

I do think your thread made it sound like it was there fault that you got rusted subs, (which it may even be, but we don't know that at this point). Whether or not you wrote a lot is not the point, and actually worse. Its a pretty lame excuse when you made the effort to make a thread and post pictures. It really does seem worse when you leave it so open-ended.

Having said that, I think what I care about a lot more is there customer service and that they are refusing to fix this completely as they obviously should, provided you followed there rules.

https://www.sonicelectronix.com/return-policy#exclusions

I did read there return policy;

Return Shipping Costs

For most returns, we offer an incredibly discounted UPS Shipping Label program for US customers that can be purchased directly through your Sonic Electronix account.
Did they at least offer you this discounted shipping? (and how discounted are we talking?) Did you inform them within there required 10 days?

I have bought several small things from them before, never speakers.

I do think your thread made it sound like it was there fault that you got rusted subs, (which it may even be, but we don't know that at this point). Whether or not you wrote a lot is not the point, and actually worse. Its a pretty lame excuse when you made the effort to make a thread and post pictures. It really does seem worse when you leave it so open-ended.
Having said that, I think what I care about a lot more is there customer service and that they are refusing to fix this completely as they obviously should provided, you followed there rules.

https://www.sonicelectronix.com/return-policy#exclusions

I did read there return policy;

Return Shipping Costs

Did they at least offer you this discounted shipping? (and how discounted are we talking?) Did you inform them within there required 10 days?

I have bought several small things from them before, never speakers.
I did that because I knew they are NVX it was their fault they are not just a company selling, its their product nothing wrong now with it at this point and yes I followed all their policies the discounted program is 2 dollars cheaper than if I do it myself it is what it is I have to take it on the chin and pay it. I guess It really could be worse they could have not responded at all and I could be stuck with this so at least I got them to acknowledge the bad item and allow a return.

$2? WTF??? Wow, that's BS, for something you clearly couldn't have done.
lol I guess they can get away with it because it is cheaper still man thank goodness its a lighter smaller sub not a big beast shipping would **** on that.

When you read about stuff like this, my first assumption is always that they think people wont then pay for shipping because then it makes the return not worth it. Its definitely not being stand-up about it, and looks like they are trying to cheat you and squeak by.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/sonic-electronix-forum/

looks like they haven't been on in a while, not sure how the vendor thing works. This thread belongs in here when its done, but gets a lot more responses in general

When you read about stuff like this, my first assumption is always that they think people wont then pay for shipping because then it makes the return not worth it. Its definitely not being stand-up about it, and looks like they are trying to cheat you and squeak by.

Sonic Electronix Forum

looks like they haven't been on in a while, not sure how the vendor thing works. This thread belongs in here when its done, but gets a lot more responses in general
nice I didn't even take the time to look for that looks like after a quick scan I'm not the only one who had a issue if I would have come on here first and saw that I wouldn't be in this situation deff my fault to. Another thing I have to consider is I mean who the heck am I just a nobody buying a cheap small $79 sub woofer they have bigger issues and bigger orders to attend to so I get that part of it to I just wish I didn't have to pay for it is all maybe I'm wrong for thinking I shouldn't pay shipping, maybe others can chime in when they read this if they feel they would be responsible to pay shipping fees to send it back?

I did that because I knew they are NVX it was their fault they are not just a company selling, its their product nothing wrong now with it at this point and yes I followed all their policies the discounted program is 2 dollars cheaper than if I do it myself it is what it is I have to take it on the chin and pay it. I guess It really could be worse they could have not responded at all and I could be stuck with this so at least I got them to acknowledge the bad item and allow a return.
Aw, snap they are the same? Sorry for giving you such a hard time, man. I guess I learned something there, lol.
I think any good company should send folks an email with a return shipping label attached so that returns can be handled quickly and the customer feels like they were taken care of. It's only right in situations where it's clearly their fault.

Aw, snap they are the same? Sorry for giving you such a hard time, man. I guess I learned something there, lol.
I think any good company should send folks an email with a return shipping label attached so that returns can be handled quickly and the customer feels like they were taken care of. It's only right in situations where it's clearly their fault.
You don't think I'm wrong for wanting them to cover shipping?

You don't think I'm wrong for wanting them to cover shipping?
No, I don't. They should cover shipping. It was brand new, unopened, and it had rust on it. They should apologize, take the loss by making sure you are satisfied. Then they should follow up by opening every driver from that batch to see what the root cause is so as to get on top of future losses for the same complaints coming in by others. 

---------- Post added at 10:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 AM ----------

Unless they don't care about bad press like this but I don't think that's a good idea for any company.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

ccapital83

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
ccapital83
NY
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date