This is what happens when you buy from Sonic Electronix...............

holy cheap

must be a $10 sub considering shipping cost would kill them

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

No, I don't. They should cover shipping. It was brand new, unopened, and it had rust on it. They should apologize, take the loss by making sure you are satisfied. Then they should follow up by opening every driver from that batch to see what the root cause is so as to get on top of future losses for the same complaints coming in by others. 

---------- Post added at 10:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 AM ----------

Unless they don't care about bad press like this but I don't think that's a good idea for any company.
hey look another person who understands how you resolve mistakes, good to see.

this is exactly what I asked Coleman, what did you change in your process, people, and procedures to resolve the previous issues

If I was sent a rusty sub under the impression that it was "new" and the seller would not issue a refund, send another or send a return shipping label or anything else to take ownership and make it right then I would file a claim with the BBB in their state and I would contact my bank and dispute the charges.

If I was sent a rusty sub under the impression that it was "new" and the seller would not issue a refund, send another or send a return shipping label or anything else to take ownership and make it right then I would file a claim with the BBB in their state and I would contact my bank and dispute the charges.

If you're buying a 10" sub for 37$ shipped and crying about quality control you are everything that's wrong with this hobby.

Actual cost for the 8 year old Chinese kids to make these is probably 7$, NVX is probably buying these for 10-12$ a pop delivered from China and selling them to Sonic for 15-20$. After shipping and overhead Sonic might see 3$ net profit.

一分钱一分货

Buy Sundown E series for 120$ + shipping if you want a sub in this class and care about anything beyond beyond being able to plug it in and have it sort of make sound.

Thing is Sonic Electronix is the parent company of NVX. The owners are one and the same. If you were to look at Sonic’s site, NVX is heavily promoted in that site. In their YouTube account, NVX products are also heavily promoted. So Sonic Electronix/NVX is pocketing all the profit.

But I’m with the OP. Sonic should make this right by actually paying for return shipping. It wasn’t the OP’s fault that there was rust on the sub to begin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're buying a 10" sub for 37$ shipped and crying about quality control you are everything that's wrong with this hobby.
Actual cost for the 8 year old Chinese kids to make these is probably 7$, NVX is probably buying these for 10-12$ a pop delivered from China and selling them to Sonic for 15-20$. After shipping and overhead Sonic might see 3$ net profit.

一分钱一分货

Buy Sundown E series for 120$ + shipping if you want a sub in this class and care about anything beyond beyond being able to plug it in and have it sort of make sound.
Its different with a cheap sub, but if it was a higher quality piece of equipment then I would have higher expectations. There are plenty of other subs I would get before wasting my time on NVX.

一分钱一分货

again you are referring to the incorrect sub woofer but I understand the point your making yes I screwed up buying a cheaper $99 sub and I learned from it.

Not so much the QC, I think most of us can appreciate that. But I think crying about the poor customer service is legit. It's still up to company to do what's right regardless of how they designed their business model.

Not crying, it's called accountability. People are such ******* these days about it. It's absurd. I get the cost is cheap but you (the company) put yourself in that situation by selling the product cheap and not ensuring there would be consistency.

By all means I would expect less at a price point that low, but I'd still make sure they understand it's a mistake on their part not the consumer who ultimately pays their bills (even if they set it up so they can barely slip by)

I wanted to show people whats wrong with that? If I buy something and I love it I could write up a good review also man I wish the title was different can I edit it this got way out of hand way to fast I was trying to do a good thing by sharing what my story jeeeeeez
dude, the title of your thread is (and i quote) "This is what happens when you buy from Sonic Electronix..............." you even followed it by eleventy bazillion dots. That many dots are usually used to illustrate extreme frustration. You brought this upon yourself man. The thread title reads as if its a blanket statement for sonicelextronix being bad as a whole, may want to revise it or expect more people facepalming at why you dont get why people are not happy with this post

Not so much the QC, I think most of us can appreciate that. But I think crying about the poor customer service is legit. It's still up to company to do what's right regardless of how they designed their business model.
not necessarily, if they have it in fine print somewhere that shipping is on the customer regardless of why, then thats that. I would hope that mfg defect would qualify for them to eat the shipping, but this is why i dont order from sites that i know for sure that im covered in instances such as these. If you roll the dice for a cheaper cost and they dont have free return shipping even in the case of mfg defect, then thats the price you pay

not necessarily, if they have it in fine print somewhere that shipping is on the customer regardless of why, then thats that. I would hope that mfg defect would qualify for them to eat the shipping, but this is why i dont order from sites that i know for sure that im covered in instances such as these. If you roll the dice for a cheaper cost and they dont have free return shipping even in the case of mfg defect, then thats the price you pay
Yep, that's true. Some companies tell you up front that the shipping charges are on you.
I can see that for damage abuse type returns. But not for manufacturing defects. Every company should eat the costs associated with those.

And the race to zero accelerates.

These same people who cry about little to no customer support from an outfit like Sonic wouldn't dream of paying 5-10% higher prices from Crutchfield (who has incredibly good phone support) and would faint at the idea of walking into a brick and mortar audio shop who would actually hold your hand, kiss your boo boos and make everything all better.... but charge appropriate prices for that level of service and security.

There's no such thing as a free lunch. You get what you pay for. 一分钱一分货.

And the race to zero accelerates.
These same people who cry about little to no customer support from an outfit like Sonic wouldn't dream of paying 5-10% higher prices from Crutchfield (who has incredibly good phone support) and would faint at the idea of walking into a brick and mortar audio shop who would actually hold your hand, kiss your boo boos and make everything all better.... but charge appropriate prices for that level of service and security.

There's no such thing as a free lunch. You get what you pay for. 一分钱一分货.
I can subscribe to much of that and I'm not so much disagreeing with you, you always have a good perspective on things. I'm just making a simpler point.
Even if the business model is warehousing and distribution (Sonic, Crutchfield), they have a returns account factored in for instances like these. It's part of any business model, no matter the scale of company or what profit margins they have designed for themselves. The only concern any paying customer should have is getting a perfect product, and if not, being able to to get a perfect replacement at no additional cost to them. It's on the company to figure out how to pull that off successfully. My guess is, with warehousing and distribution you go for volume. Enough sales volume, with averages figured in for high and low profits on various items, should provide a buffer for low amounts of returns. High amounts of returns shed light on a much bigger issue of defective supply, and should not hit the customer's wallet.

Yep, that's true. Some companies tell you up front that the shipping charges are on you.
I can see that for damage abuse type returns. But not for manufacturing defects. Every company should eat the costs associated with those.
i would agree that eating the cost for mfg defects would be a business practice that would instill faith in the company, but ya gota ta read them fine prints. i think the title of this post is in bad taste tho

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

ccapital83

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
ccapital83
NY
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date