This is what happens when you buy from Sonic Electronix...............

I think I understand enough about the argument you are trying to make. Your response still comes across as snobbish. Just because he bought something you consider cheap junk doesn't mean its allowed to not be a quality product. Again, were not talking about how it sounds, or how it plays, were talking about how it was built, and how it arrived in the transaction process. He bought a product and it arrived defective. You keep trying to say that it needs to be a name brand or its crap. That should have nothing to do with it.

ALSO, OP DIDN'T get what he paid for. He didn't pay for a defective product/B stock, he paid for a cheaper than average, off name one... Just curious, do you have ANY ACCURATE idea how much it costs to make a subwoofer? How much the individual components cost? How much machining, production is involved, how much design, and other variable and fixed production costs to make this subwoofer??

I almost didn't respond to your post, but I'm not responding to the rest of you racist, ignorant post.

“You get what you pay for”, but Americans want and expect JL Audio quality and R&D at planet audio and boss prices. The more educated the consumer has become, the higher up that quality ladder they climb. They start out in life buying boss amplifiers and expecting them to perform the same as JL Audio at a fraction of the cost. Then they learn much later in life and start buying, if they can, the quality stuff from higher quality retailers such as Crutchfield and some mom and pop stores. Some companies strike a good balance between good quality control and good research and development, but still use Chinese manufacturers with good results. Companies such as Sundown Audio, Pioneer, and Alpine are good at this. Retailers fall into the same category where Sonic Electronics is more like like Boss Audio and Crutchfield is more like JL Audio. The great thing about capitalism is that consumers will vote with their wallets and the good companies will survive and the bad ones will get flushed out.

The sad part about all of this is that some companies refuse to sell out and try to only put out top quality products that costs a lot of money. This unfortunately doesn’t do well for their sales with some of them because Americans are too cheap to care and care more about the lowest price. Some of these companies you will see from retailers such as Sound Solutions Audio. Even the American made subwoofers offered by sound solutions audio like the original DCON and EXCON, which were great, didn’t last because people didn’t want to pay the price they should of cost for them to make a profit.

ALSO, lets break down a little about house brands:

Those big name brands that are sold in every store, that lets say charge $100 for a speaker. They probably bought that speaker for about $50-$60 from the manufacturer.... That manufacturer probably spent about $20-$30 to make that speaker....

A house brand makes a slightly cheaper speaker for about $15.. Then sells it directly through there storefront, (Sonic Electronix in this case, who is big enough they can HAVE there own house brand), who is able to sell that speaker for about $30-$40... When comparing a $40 house brand, to a $100 name brand, there is a very small portion of that cost that is going to quality.

There is a lot more than quality that you are paying for when you buy a name brand. Many products do the same thing.

racist, ignorant.
Oh no. Some special snowflake is calling me Marxist buzzword names.

OP is getting what he paid for. An inferior product that wasn't right the first time with extra hassle involved to make it right.

Pay now or pay later may sound snobbish, but it's sound advice IMO. Take it or leave it, but judging by your own comments and your sig line you already understand this.

goatfuckistan,
You're implying middle easterners have *** with goats, right?

Oh no. Some special snowflake is calling me Marxist buzzword names.
This too? YOU ARE an ignorant racist, and you don't even see the irony in your comment.

OP is getting what he paid for. An inferior product that wasn't right the first time with extra hassle involved to make it right.
Pay now or pay later may sound snobbish, but it's sound advice IMO. Take it or leave it, but judging by your own comments and your sig line you already understand this.
You think just because you spend more that means you are always getting something better? That's a sucker, a weak-minded sheep, and a product of marketing. Have you never heard of recalls or a return policy. Again with the extremes. You just keep spouting the same example but you're trying to up the insults.

You're implying middle easterners have *** with goats, right?
Did I say that or did you? Though now that you mention it, you can google "****** assault goat" and see what pops up for stories.

YOU ARE an ignorant racist,
Care to even define your terms or is this just what your Victimhood Studies professor teaches you to say in place of "heretic" to shout down those with whom you disagree? Sorry, kid. I don't care what you think of me and I had a dad who stuck around to raise me and taught me "sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me". Perhaps you can teach this to your wife's son after you get done bragging about how hard you virtue signaled on behalf of some proverbial street shitter in a call center on the other side of the world. Go ahead and take the moral high ground here if it gives you a dopamine rush. Absolutely no skin off my nose.

You think just because you spend more that means you are always getting something better?
See this outlier here? That disproves the fat part of the bell curve. This exception disproves the rule.

I never implied that any other due diligence is not required when making a purchase, only that there's no such thing as a free lunch. Again, do what you like.

Have you never heard of recalls or a return policy.
I actually can't think of any car audio related recalls, but what does this have to do with any of this? Obviously Sonic has a return policy since OP is returning his item for another one, it just took him a few days to get service. Had he wanted to call and get instant and competent phone service he could have paid a bit more to shop Crutchfield, if he wanted to be able to walk in and exchange his product instantly over a counter he could have shopped brick and mortar/big box store. These extra services cost money. While you don't always guarantee paying more money will buy you these things, that certainly doesn't imply that you should expect to get them for free.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

ccapital83

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
ccapital83
NY
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date