This is what happens when you buy from Sonic Electronix...............

If you're buying a 10" sub for 37$ shipped and crying about quality control you are everything that's wrong with this hobby.
Actual cost for the 8 year old Chinese kids to make these is probably 7$, NVX is probably buying these for 10-12$ a pop delivered from China and selling them to Sonic for 15-20$. After shipping and overhead Sonic might see 3$ net profit.

一分钱一分货

Buy Sundown E series for 120$ + shipping if you want a sub in this class and care about anything beyond beyond being able to plug it in and have it sort of make sound.
Its different with a cheap sub, but if it was a higher quality piece of equipment then I would have higher expectations. There are plenty of other subs I would get before wasting my time on NVX.
WHY?? Whats your price point that companies should stand behind there product? This isn't a problem with how it sounds, this is a problem with how it arrived.

I have bought $1 plastic GPS mounts from China that didn't arrive... Was I supposed to let it go? Hell no, I'm not a sucker, Why would you jut let someone rip you off?

If I bought this I would fully expect them to fix it at no cost to me. This is clearly a manufacturer defect. The problem I see is they covered there *** with there return policy. The OP purchased the item aware of what could happen, (this is the same thing as those 10 pages of policy letter you get with every credit card, and phone app that most people don't read). Theres many audio companies, and as others have said, this is a reason I always go to crutchfield even if it is a little higher. They will give you great phone support for 3 months after everything you buy. They will take returns easy and cover shipping. I bought a head unit from them, and they included: the wiring harness, mounting bracket, the antenna adapter, the wiring schematic and something else all for free.

Message sent with link to NVX. I would as the manufacture eat the cost, for sure. They missed it, their problem.
shipping label just received hey maybe you helped //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I contacted NVX first with no response but ill be shipping this back to sonic today now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i would agree that eating the cost for mfg defects would be a business practice that would instill faith in the company, but ya gota ta read them fine prints. i think the title of this post is in bad taste tho
actually in my defense I think the title ended up coming true to each their own though anyways hopefully its all set now and I still appreciate your two cents and everybody's for that matter cool to see so many different views and opinions I honestly was shocked others even agreed about the shipping fee thank you all so much for taking the time to comment //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

shipping label just received hey maybe you helped //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I contacted NVX first with no response but ill be shipping this back to sonic today now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Good. I sent messages to both. I have purchased a BUNCH of NVX the last few years. This thread has near 1,000 views already so that has weight.
Again, I wouldn't have had the same title/approach as you did but it seems all is going to work out.

actually in my defense I think the title ended up coming true to each their own though anyways hopefully its all set now and I still appreciate your two cents and everybody's for that matter cool to see so many different views and opinions I honestly was shocked others even agreed about the shipping fee thank you all so much for taking the time to comment //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
i hope it all works out in the end for ya bruh

i hope it all works out in the end for ya bruh
thanks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif one last time I am sorry to you and anyone about the title I went back and forth about feeling it was right and wrong at times I didn't mean any disrespect I don't want to be rude or considered bad on here I love this forum and I will make sure down the road to pick my titles more carefully!

If I could edit and reword it from "you" to "I" in the title I would

thanks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif one last time I am sorry to you and anyone about the title I went back and forth about feeling it was right and wrong at times I didn't mean any disrespect I don't want to be rude or considered bad on here I love this forum and I will make sure down the road to pick my titles more carefully!
I'ts okay, man. A couple of us trolled you pretty hard but with the additional information I knew it was time to back off that. Nice that Beentown helped with things and you may be squared away soon. Sorry if I ruffled your feathers, you did a pretty good job of staying cool.

I have bought $1 plastic GPS mounts from China that didn't arrive... Was I supposed to let it go?

We're not talking about receiving nothing though. The issue here is buying the cheapest junk on the market from the site with the absolute lowest advertised price then wondering why you're not getting JL Audio QC and Crutchfield service. You yourself admit you'll pay a little more to buy the same products from Crutchfield because of their great service. This sort of thing costs businesses money and will cost extra for the consumer.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/popcorn.gif.32dd9e22fd77e77bc3c907062768fcd2.gif

Weather it's a 10 dollar item or 1000 dollar item, the company/mfgr should still make it right to make the customer happy. Customer always comes 1st.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/popcorn.gif.32dd9e22fd77e77bc3c907062768fcd2.gif
Weather it's a 10 dollar item or 1000 dollar item, the company/mfgr should still make it right to make the customer happy. Customer always comes 1st.

Except of the company is CT Sounds then the customer is always wrong

Just call and get it sent back.. Ive had nothing but excellent experiences with Sonic over the years. they will make sure that the customer is hapy with any item. Every company miss items from time to time .. especially when dealing with volume.. Maybe you can talk them into getting a tee shirt?

I'll try again I don't think they are going to budge though man you got lucky if they did.
They should give you an RMA return shipping label at theyre expense for a default product.Ive never had an issue with them on anything.They should pay for the return and send you a product you paid for and have a gaurantee

We're not talking about receiving nothing though. The issue here is buying the cheapest junk on the market from the site with the absolute lowest advertised price then wondering why you're not getting JL Audio QC and Crutchfield service. You yourself admit you'll pay a little more to buy the same products from Crutchfield because of their great service. This sort of thing costs businesses money and will cost extra for the consumer.
Its not the cheapest junk on the market, and again, why does price point have anything to do with it. Not sure why you need to use extremes, if you had a valid point you could stick with the facts. The company sells it at a competitive price and they sell it high enough to where they make a profit. Its a new product that arrived defective. Yes, returns are a part of business, shouldn't that back up the argument that things happen, and some times the seller is responsible for eating a cost. Like every business, its a cost variable that this business has. Also, you cant talk about these being "the cheapest junk on the market" then argue the price will need to go up 2 sentences later.

Your argument is basically saying that nobody should have any form of customer service (or at least nobody who isn't the most expensive?).... Then; All the "cheaper companies" could save even more money if they chipped in a couple pennies a year for customer service. Millions of businesses could have the same customer service phone number, and when you call it just says "tough shlt" and hangs up on you.

I really don't mean to be rude when I say this, but your argument just sounds snobbish. Yes, I think Crutchfield has great customer service, but there is still an expected, basic customer service you expect every where you go. Restaurant may not massage my feet while I'm waiting for my meal, but they will be polite and tell me what the specials are.

Its not the cheapest junk on the market,
If NVX isn't it's not far from it.

if you had a valid point you could stick with the facts.
My point is "you get what you pay for" and I'd say this thread and probably a thousand others here add more and more weight to that argument.

Your argument is basically saying that nobody should have any form of customer service
Not at all. I repeat, my argument is "you get what you pay for". If you buy Sundown at MSRP you should be upset if you get b-stock, when you buy gutter brands you shouldn't be so surprised. Likewise if you shop brick and mortar or Crutchfield you expect instant and competent customer service, when you shop lowest price you should expect what OP got (a response a few days later).

Millions of businesses could have the same customer service phone number, and when you call it just says "tough shlt" and hangs up on you.
It seems like millions of them do, the number connects to a call center in goatfuckistan, and what they say is in such broken English you generally just give up and hang up on them.

I really don't mean to be rude when I say this, but your argument just sounds snobbish.
Once again, my point is "you get what you pay for". You obviously understand this from your own stated shopping preferences.

Yes, I think Crutchfield has great customer service, but there is still an expected, basic customer service you expect every where you go. Restaurant may not massage my feet while I'm waiting for my meal, but they will be polite and tell me what the specials are.
And OP got this. For the sake of saving a few bucks he has to deal with a few days wait time to get a response from customer support and has to deal with the trouble of having to return a product that wouldn't have made it past the quality control goalie had he bought from a more reputable brand.

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

ccapital83

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
ccapital83
NY
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date