Silverado DDZ build

I'll be selling all 4 of my 21" wardens after world finals ; )
Let me know about one of those //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/santa.gif.e1ec9cf2e0a0dd232ad35aa594a126d0.gif

So like has a box been built yet?
Yeah, got done about a month ago

I was the one that said murph prly sent u wrong coil.
Ok, sorry

21 z lol can't imagine the price. I'm going to call and see how much to turn my 18 into a 21. Maybe future build
No idea

Yes for the record the gap tolerances are way too tight. Not to mention it is a short coil and that is not ideal in a radial neo motor with a long stroke. The OD OF the pole is 2.998" the ID of the coil is 3.01
For all that don't know that is really cutting it close. Basically I can't fit shims or even paper in between the coil and pole. I'm going to have to lay the CA down, keep pressing up and down until I hear no rub then quickly spray activator. This gap is especially too tight for music applications which I know Alex told Murphy he wanted I'm sure. That coil rocks at all and you are rubbing the pole.

As he asked I'm going to salvage it, I got the soft parts out in one piece and I'll install it the best that it can be, sent back to him so he can demo until he has more money for OPTIMAL parts.

I am willing to make him nice recones as I have built these and other radials before with great success. He will be a happy camper. Or if not DD is obviously a great option.
Thank you for chiming in!

I'm hoping I can add this to the complaint list that Murphy has to settle before returning to CACO's vendor section
I don't think it's worth saving the soft parts and using them for something else. 72impala is just going to correctly align the coil tomorrow using the same parts temporarily.

In the future when I have more money, I'll do one of the following:

1. Sell these motors and just buy some new stock Z 18's

2. Have him build the subs with the best or most ideal parts for my intentions

3. Send them in to DD to get stock recones

I think it was like $260 each fro drop in normal cones or $460 each for composite drop-ins. I'll just get normal cones, unless I see someone selling two used matching 18" composite cones.

I'm also thinking about just walling it with two 21's and getting more 20k's when the 30k comes out and everyone ditches their 20k's for cheap
Quit screwing around. There's absolutely NOTHING that you'll be able to do with 21" that you can't do with 18's. Just bite the bullet and buy the proper parts from DD and then the subs will perform the way they were intended.

The OD OF the pole is 2.998" the ID of the coil is 3.01
LOL. That is beyond making "right". Don't expect them to survive very long if you actually use them.

Ever notice how coils have the slit in them with a little gap? Ever wonder why it's not just a solid tube? The gap is there to allow for expansion of the copper(or aluminum) when you heat it up by throwing power into it. Personally I wouldn't even waste the glue putting those parts back in.

Quit screwing around. There's absolutely NOTHING that you'll be able to do with 21" that you can't do with 18's. Just bite the bullet and buy the proper parts from DD and then the subs will perform the way they were intended.

LOL. That is beyond making "right". Don't expect them to survive very long if you actually use them.

Ever notice how coils have the slit in them with a little gap? Ever wonder why it's not just a solid tube? The gap is there to allow for expansion of the copper(or aluminum) when you heat it up by throwing power into it. Personally I wouldn't even waste the glue putting those parts back in.
I was thinking more cone area would be better, especially if I have to get new softparts anyways. Might spend a little extra to get the most cone area I can with the motors I have

Tantric= RIP gone straight down the drain.
Hopefully, if I don't get my money back

I was thinking more cone area would be better, especially if I have to get new softparts anyways. Might spend a little extra to get the most cone area I can with the motors I have

It will be more cone area, but the need for more enclosure space will be another issue.

You wanted to keep it 2 18's just to save on space to move your seats back, but with 2 21's you will need to cover that entire space.

It will be more cone area, but the need for more enclosure space will be another issue.
You wanted to keep it 2 18's just to save on space to move your seats back, but with 2 21's you will need to cover that entire space.
It's still not walled. I'd wall it, so I have enough volume for 21's. I still have 10 inches between the box and the roof

Cone area difference is that of 3 15's vs 4 15's. Inconsequential. You'd gain more with the extra space by investing more layers into your box to make it rigid or a lot of trial and error rounding and/or angling the back and corners, or investing in more batteries, or even creative deadening. Seriously stop screwing around and just buy the correct parts from DD. Two 18's on 20K at the B pillar and you should be needing to buy windshields when you turn it all the way up.

Cone area difference is that of 3 15's vs 4 15's. Inconsequential. You'd gain more with the extra space by investing more layers into your box to make it rigid or a lot of trial and error rounding and/or angling the back and corners, or investing in more batteries, or even creative deadening. Seriously stop screwing around and just buy the correct parts from DD. Two 18's on 20K at the B pillar and you should be needing to buy windshields when you turn it all the way up.
Alright, well I don't have the money to do that now.

I'll have to see if I can get money back from Tantric

I figure Murphy will get things straightened out ...Hes known for pulling rabbits out of a hat...
He better get this shit straightened out.

If he doesn't give me a refund, I'll do my best to trash Tantric everywhere I possibly can.

If he does give me the refund, I'll let it go

I figure Murphy will get things straightened out ...Hes known for pulling rabbits out of a hat...
There's more people then you can count on both hands that murph fricked over. Adul ain't getting shlt back with murphys negative PayPal balance... Tantric is done for

There's more people then you can count on both hands that murph fricked over. Adul ain't getting shlt back with murphys negative PayPal balance... Tantric is done for
Paypal will refund thru claim and send him to collection.

Sent from my draconis using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.