Silverado DDZ build

There's more people then you can count on both hands that murph fricked over. Adul ain't getting shlt back with murphys negative PayPal balance... Tantric is done for
Yeah, I don't think I'll get anything back from Tantric.

I texted him and he sent me pics of measurements which were apparently the coils he pulled out of the subs. They're pretty close diameter spec'd with the HDD coils he used.

However, the HDD coils are still shorter! Not ideal!

Paypal will refund thru claim and send him to collection.
Sent from my draconis using Tapatalk
I doubt it, but i can try

4 months after sending money is probably too late to file a paypal claim. Right????

Should have done it sooner, before I agreed to get 18" recones. :smh:

Quit screwing around. There's absolutely NOTHING that you'll be able to do with 21" that you can't do with 18's. Just bite the bullet and buy the proper parts from DD and then the subs will perform the way they were intended.

LOL. That is beyond making "right". Don't expect them to survive very long if you actually use them.

Ever notice how coils have the slit in them with a little gap? Ever wonder why it's not just a solid tube? The gap is there to allow for expansion of the copper(or aluminum) when you heat it up by throwing power into it. Personally I wouldn't even waste the glue putting those parts back in.
I know. You don't have to tell me. Like I said. Alex requested that I do this. Read what I wrote. He can tell you what I recommended. That is to recone them now with correct parts. He has an agenda though and is sticking to it. That's not for me to judge. I'm being paid to make this work the best it can

Yes, I don't have enough money to have them re-done correctly right now.

Like stated before, @hispls; can gift me money on paypal if he feels that strongly that I need them to be completely redone right this minute.

I don't now how many times I've had to say that.

EDIT for clarification:
I have $253 right now. I still have to take $79 out of my account for shipping there and $44 for shipping back. Plus I have to pay $75 for labor and glue.

That does not leave me enough for proper parts right now. Does it?

That's a preposterous amount of mistakes... how the hell is this guy even still around? How did he even get this far? Did he have to eat the cost of 50% of his builds due to mistakes?

Alright, well I don't have the money to do that now.
I'll have to see if I can get money back from Tantric
Not saying do it today, just quit screwing around trying to get fancy. Deal with what you have until you can save up to do it right, just preparing you that it's not 72's fault when the one he "fixes" fails in a week or two. .002" is simply not adequate spacing.

Murphy calling coils he used "close" is silly. We measure coils in 1000ths of an inch for a reason. If you sent him the wrong gap measurements than that's your fault, if he actually had the subs (or old coil) there in person that's inexcusable. There's simply no way OEM coils fit that tight.

Really by all accounts it doesn't seem like he's a bad guy or set out to shaft people, but it definitely looks like he's gotten in over his head and won't be able to dig his way out.

That's a preposterous amount of mistakes... how the hell is this guy even still around? How did he even get this far? Did he have to eat the cost of 50% of his builds due to mistakes?
Who knows, but he's fighting me hard and refuses to give me any money back

Who knows, but he's fighting me hard and refuses to give me any money back
I have no doubt you told him he sent the wrong recone so, what was his response? It's either the right coil gap or its not, you shouldn't have to verify if its right or not with your own measurements when this guy is supposedly a professional subwoofer builder.

Not saying do it today, just quit screwing around trying to get fancy. Deal with what you have until you can save up to do it right, just preparing you that it's not 72's fault when the one he "fixes" fails in a week or two. .002" is simply not adequate spacing.
Murphy calling coils he used "close" is silly. We measure coils in 1000ths of an inch for a reason. If you sent him the wrong gap measurements than that's your fault, if he actually had the subs (or old coil) there in person that's inexcusable. There's simply no way OEM coils fit that tight.

Really by all accounts it doesn't seem like he's a bad guy or set out to shaft people, but it definitely looks like he's gotten in over his head and won't be able to dig his way out.
I will not blame 72impala if the sub fails. If it gets to me broken, I will take it up with shipping. If it's working when I get it, anything after that is my fault.

I did not send him measurements. He had the subs in his possession for months. He sent me pictures of the "OEM coils" today with measurements. They have writing on them in sharpie.

I and the previous owner agree that the coils were not written on.

He is frustrating to deal with. I have been patient with him. I've gotten nothing but excuses, lies, and missed deadlines. Oh, and also have been ignored several times.

Now he wonders why I'm upset with him.

I have no doubt you told him he sent the wrong recone so, what was his response? It's either the right coil gap or its not, you shouldn't have to verify if its right or not with your own measurements when this guy is supposedly a professional subwoofer builder.
He said they were very similar to the stock coils. I doubt that.

I guess I'll call DD tomorrow and get the stock coil specs that were used with these subs

He didn't end up in this situation by providing people with excellent service.

That's true.
If I'd gotten a refund when I wanted it, this never would have been an issue.
Contact paypal and let them know the day you paid and the actual day you received the subs.

They might omit the time frame for dispute.

Sent from my draconis using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.