Silverado HD factory backup camera

Participant count
  • Participant list

rlast1

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have a Kenwood DMX706S in my 2011 Chevrolet 2500HD. I used to have it in a 2013 F150. In my F150 the factory backup camera would come on in reverse or when I used the Kenwood camera button. In the Chevrolet it only comes on in reverse. The purple white wire is connected to the Maestro unit. How can I make it work with the camera button and the reverse trigger like it did in the F150? I talked to Crutchfield tech line and they thought it was something about how the factory camera was powered being different between Ford and Chevrolet. I have been told I need to find and cut the power supply to the factory camera and repower it with switched power. Does anyone have any idea where I can make this connection under the dash?

I have a Kenwood DMX706S in my 2011 Chevrolet 2500HD. I used to have it in a 2013 F150. In my F150 the factory backup camera would come on in reverse or when I used the Kenwood camera button. In the Chevrolet it only comes on in reverse. The purple white wire is connected to the Maestro unit. How can I make it work with the camera button and the reverse trigger like it did in the F150? I talked to Crutchfield tech line and they thought it was something about how the factory camera was powered being different between Ford and Chevrolet. I have been told I need to find and cut the power supply to the factory camera and repower it with switched power. Does anyone have any idea where I can make this connection under the dash?
Take that to a shop and have someone that knows what to do installing. spend the $250 bucks and get it done right and with some type of Labor warranty possibly? Doesnt sound like you have the experience to be making the assumption of?

All Im hearing is He said She said on this and I surely do not want to state what wire as old as that truck is as well as the HU installed possibly with all the same wiring bought at Walmart and the like.

Can Of Worms Meme GIF by Hyper RPG

Excuse for me for thinking this was a website where people share knowledge and advice. I have over forty years' experience as an automotive, heavy equipment and truck mechanic. I am retired now and thought I was asking a basic advice question about a wire location and color if known. System was not installed with WalMart parts it was installed with a prewired package from Crutchfield. If your lack of understanding about what I said about the factory camera not having power except when in reverse maybe you should read what I wrote.

Have you considered tapping into the power wire for the power outlet in your dash, or console if you have one? Tap the outlet, install a switch inline and run the power to your camera.

Have you considered tapping into the power wire for the power outlet in your dash, or console if you have one? Tap the outlet, install a switch inline and run the power to your camera.
That is exactly what I want to do. Im hoping to find that power wire under dash or in console. Im just hoping somebody knew where the wire is so I wont have to run wire all the way to camera in the tailgate.

I have a nissan and i put mine on a switch that has my aftermarket reverse lights.worse case scenerio,u can do that.i just have to flip the toggle switch anytime i want for the camera to come on.gl

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...