Destroyed sub in 3 minutes why??

I noticed this in my sub as well. As I bump a bit above normal level it sounds awesome, but as I get overzealous, I seem to lose bass. It is also a sealed 10". Now I know why, thanks.
Same exact situation for me, I've got a sealed 15" and going from 500W rms to 1200W rms same sub, same enclosure the difference was... I don't even know if I gained 3 db.

Same exact situation for me, I've got a sealed 15" and going from 500W rms to 1200W rms same sub, same enclosure the difference was... I don't even know if I gained 3 db.
Ha! I am on the same boat. I just switched out a 200w class ab for a 600w class d on the same sub. Definitely more powerful but less sound quality. With the ab it sounded as if I had subs in my doors, with the d you can hear the sub channel in the back. Way less blending.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.