The do's and dont''s of my first wall....it seems like something isn't right....

The only reason I tore it down this time was because yes I did want to redo only the baffle but the way the contour of my car is I lost out on 10 inches on the bottom because the bottom came straight out and my car dips down in the back at an angle about 8 inches. If you made a 90 it would come out 10 and go down about 8 before it gets to the floor. If that makes sense. So that would've made it to where the subs would sit between the bottom layers and the inside of the box. And the sides pieces didn't come up far enough with that design. So I would've had to of added a few more inches onto the inside of the side pieces to make them tall enough for a new baffle that would be able to fit all three and a port. Which means it would be pieced together again and have tons of air leaks. If I would've made the sides longer than what they were supposed to be I wouldn't have had to tear it down again just to make a new baffle. I think what my real problem is is I need to get 15's since I can't afford anything that's worth a shitt. Because the inside contours of this car are fuccked. It curves in so much it's ridiculous. It makes everything so much more complicated than what it should be. I remember when I had my 96 grand cherokee. It was square in the back. It made everything 1000x easier. This car is just fuccked as far as acoustics goes. I'm going to take a shiit ton of pictures tomorrow morning for you guys to have a better understanding of why I'm having so much trouble and so you can see why the fuuck I get so god dammn mad and go on a fuckking rampage. I mean fucck I'm getting pissed off just typing this and thinking about the inside of my car. That's pretty bad. Call me mental or whatever the fuuck you want. I could care less. But yeah I promise I'm going to do that first thing in the morning. I have never in my life had this much trouble with building boxes. I may not be able to design a bad asss box but I can build one with a cut sheet. I mean look at the kerfed box I just built for two 12's that I posted pictures of a few pages ago. You guys think I don't know how to build boxes. But I do. It's just this car makes everything so much harder. And I'm not trying to have a pity party. Just telling you guys what the fuuck I'm going through and why. And yes I feel like I'm going crazy over all of this. It's just insane. I agree with all of you 100%. It's just fuccked. I hate this car with a passion. I wish I had full coverage on it. That's all I'm saying lol. And I'll never quit car audio. I don't give a shiit how many times I fuuuck up or fail. Or build a shittty design. I'll learn from my mistakes and experiences no matter how many times it takes me. And no matter how much I get put down or criticized for how much of a shittastic job I did on a design.
How do you live? How do you sleep at night? Do you even have a job man? Because I can only imagine if you go thru life like you do your sub enclosure builds, I'm surprised your still alive...I think your trying too hard. Slow down as stated many times before in the past....you seem to want things done overnight. It's not gonna happen.

I have been telling him 50 pages ago to slow the Fu(k down!! This is a hobby. It's supposed to be fun. Well until the wife sees my invoices anyways. But I keep telling him little steps here and there and take his time. When you get to the point your not enjoying the build STOP!!! Go play some Xbox (which by the way if anyone is down I'm always looking for people to play destiny 2 on Xbox one) or spend time with the girl friend or Christ sake take you laptop in the bathroom and kill 20 minutes "reading the articles":boink: just don't let this consume your very second or else you'll be where you are now about to rage out on your truck for like the 10th time.....

At the moment no I don't have a job. I've been looking though, there for awhile I was working with my dad doing carpentry work and then he had some health problems with his legs because he's diabetic and so he quit working, and now i've been taking care of everything around our house that he's not able to do because his legs and feet hurt him so bad. Actually they're numb. Just yesterday an artery burst in his leg and blood was squirting everywhere like the shiiit you see in movies where it shoots out like 3 feet and wont stop until you apply some kind of pressure on it. and everytime I would try to find a job and I would get turned down I would just get more and more depressed. And then I started buying/fixing/selling phones on craigslist. And I can repair bad imei's on phones. gsm unlock sprint phones. I still repair phones. I've got the gift of gab when it comes to hustling people. I've been doing that for awhile now. But business has slowed down here recently. For awhile I was making roughly $500 every three or four days. It was great. But it's been hard for me to find a job recently because when people look at your application and see that you worked with your dad they kinda look at you funny. So i've been getting nowhere in life recently. Not trying to make you guys feel sorry for me. Just giving you a little insight so you have a better understanding, I know this isn't dr. phil and shhit. Oh and I don't game anymore, I quit gaming about 10 years ago. I got bored of it. And yes I guess I do expect it to happen overnight for the fact that I'm so used to throwing a regular box together in such a short time and then drop the subs in and be good to go. I do need to slow down. But I get so excited about getting it done because I want to finally have a system that will do 150+. And then one thing gets fuccked up and everything just goes down hill from there. Car audio is my thing that I use to get away from the depression and not having any friends. blah blah blah. I know none of you want to hear any of this. And I know this should be about my stereo and not my whole life story. So I apologize to all of you for rambling on about all this shiit. I guess that's why this has been so hard for me recently as far as getting this wall done. I have to much anger and depression built up because of everything else. And having to do three engine swaps and four transmission swaps on my car doesn't help anything else either. But I finally got that shiit worked out with my car. For now atleast. These 3.5l engines are pieces of shiit. There's so many problems wrong with them and the transmissions also. And I just broke my v20 the other day. And I don't have a backup phone at the moment. So I have no way of selling any phones or boxes at the moment either. So that just makes everything that much more complicated for me.

Trucks arnt any easier to get louder in then an suv.. CT sounds woofer arnt very good but the will make some noise. U should have kept the shell and re did the baffle. Hell I was doing 147db with one 18 on a crunch 3000watt amp (1500) Watts max years ago in a SUV .It’s honestly all in the enclosure, if you would just get a box design and then follow the cut sheet step by step you will be golden. But instead your using Torres box calc and typing in the wrong numbers and just making a mess. Everyone is trying to help you. Go on caraudioclassifies.org and click the thread for Sonics box designs. Pretty sure is $25. Give him your max dimensions and get a box design. Follow the cut sheet step by step and you should be close to a 150db. At least it will be sounding good.
I agree, Its seems easier in a truck but I got a whole hell of alot less room than you do ! So I had to be efficient and still a little on the small side for my subs. I couldnt get away with throwing a ill sealed box together sloppily in one day and expecting it to perform the best . I went to the best (that I know of ) Cscstang and he designed it for me and said it would work and it did ! I built it and it probably took me about a week too build. But then again I took every bit of time needed to make it come out perfect 0 gaps anywhere in the construction and I bet no silicone in the seams was even needed the glue would have been enough but i used silicone too. But I have been a long time carpenter and that part is the easy part for me. And i was doing 148 with one 18 and a jacked up old 5k and then 149 with CT flame thrower 7K and I also agree its all in the enclosure as everyone has told you. Now was that my first enclosure ? NO i tried a few differnt things including trying to design my own FAIL lol much like yours only looked better, point is your not even it any time or thought to it ? Grt a plan and stick to it and take your time !!!!!!!!!!

when I had the two hooked up I tested it for a few minutes and the coils almost immediately got hot. .
You gave up far too quickly I think. Had you properly finished and tweaked that box you should have been satisfied with output at power levels that won't break woofers.

The only reason I tore it down this time was because yes I did want to redo only the baffle but the way the contour of my car is I lost out on 10 inches on the bottom because the bottom came straight out and my car dips down in the back at an angle about 8 inches. If you made a 90 it would come out 10 and go down about 8 before it gets to the floor. If that makes sense.
So what you're saying is you still do realize that you cannot fit 3 18's on your baffle with a proper port but are going to try again anyway. What could possibly go wrong? Anybody want to lay odds on how this is going to pan out?

I own an ext cab truck. In it, will be a little 8" sub. See how loud I can get it.
Smaller vehicle cabins are much easier to get loud because of reduced cabin size. That's it.
Pickup trucks are somewhat difficult to get loud sealed up. They make great numbers with door/window open but sealed, all things being equal) they generally are beat by SUV, van, or hatchback.

Some vehicles are just friendly to the meter because of the shape/angle of the dash ,but this shouldn't change feeling loud sitting in it if you do things right. The "it's the vehicle" excuse is bunk unless you're talking about a trunk, and there's even exceptions to that rule (Terry Brock).

No I am able to fit all three on the baffle with a port. But that box that I just built and followed everything that you said to do hispls. Those dimensions were for two of them. In order for me to fit all three with a port I have to go from floor to roof for the baffle. That box was only 35 inches tall, but from floor to roof i've got 48 inches.

At the moment no I don't have a job. I've been looking though, there for awhile I was working with my dad doing carpentry work and then he had some health problems with his legs because he's diabetic and so he quit working, and now i've been taking care of everything around our house that he's not able to do because his legs and feet hurt him so bad. Actually they're numb. Just yesterday an artery burst in his leg and blood was squirting everywhere like the shiiit you see in movies where it shoots out like 3 feet and wont stop until you apply some kind of pressure on it. and everytime I would try to find a job and I would get turned down I would just get more and more depressed. And then I started buying/fixing/selling phones on craigslist. And I can repair bad imei's on phones. gsm unlock sprint phones. I still repair phones. I've got the gift of gab when it comes to hustling people. I've been doing that for awhile now. But business has slowed down here recently. For awhile I was making roughly $500 every three or four days. It was great. But it's been hard for me to find a job recently because when people look at your application and see that you worked with your dad they kinda look at you funny. So i've been getting nowhere in life recently. Not trying to make you guys feel sorry for me. Just giving you a little insight so you have a better understanding, I know this isn't dr. phil and shhit. Oh and I don't game anymore, I quit gaming about 10 years ago. I got bored of it. And yes I guess I do expect it to happen overnight for the fact that I'm so used to throwing a regular box together in such a short time and then drop the subs in and be good to go. I do need to slow down. But I get so excited about getting it done because I want to finally have a system that will do 150+. And then one thing gets fuccked up and everything just goes down hill from there. Car audio is my thing that I use to get away from the depression and not having any friends. blah blah blah. I know none of you want to hear any of this. And I know this should be about my stereo and not my whole life story. So I apologize to all of you for rambling on about all this shiit. I guess that's why this has been so hard for me recently as far as getting this wall done. I have to much anger and depression built up because of everything else. And having to do three engine swaps and four transmission swaps on my car doesn't help anything else either. But I finally got that shiit worked out with my car. For now atleast. These 3.5l engines are pieces of shiit. There's so many problems wrong with them and the transmissions also. And I just broke my v20 the other day. And I don't have a backup phone at the moment. So I have no way of selling any phones or boxes at the moment either. So that just makes everything that much more complicated for me.
Ill give you life advise instead of car audio advice.
When it comes to job history.... ***@@$$LIE@$$$***

Tell your dad if he receives a phone call to act like your his worker and you have been a excellent worker for years.

Do not tell employers that you were hired by your dad no matter if the name mayches or else use your moms name as the owner. Say you have worked doing carpentry all your life..

Anyway if you dont have the ba11s to do that or are lazy. Then apply to a temp service that requires almost no experience. Most companies dont interview you, they just call the agency and the agency sends x amount of guys to learn and work.

You should be good to go, but if your naive and choose to be a 20+ year old f4ck up then forget this post and continue with life.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

You gave up far too quickly I think. Had you properly finished and tweaked that box you should have been satisfied with output at power levels that won't break woofers.

So what you're saying is you still do realize that you cannot fit 3 18's on your baffle with a proper port but are going to try again anyway. What could possibly go wrong? Anybody want to lay odds on how this is going to pan out?

Pickup trucks are somewhat difficult to get loud sealed up. They make great numbers with door/window open but sealed, all things being equal) they generally are beat by SUV, van, or hatchback.

Some vehicles are just friendly to the meter because of the shape/angle of the dash ,but this shouldn't change feeling loud sitting in it if you do things right. The "it's the vehicle" excuse is bunk unless you're talking about a trunk, and there's even exceptions to that rule (Terry Brock).
I agree, mine is a beast with window down or at least seems way louder and I will have to meter it that way and see what it does next time I do it. Thats the other thing Op has never metered it to see even what his baseline is so he can see if he is improving ? But i guess if he got no moneys and shops probably charge for it. Maybe ask around and see if anyone near him has a meter ? Hell I even have one to bad he dont live close to me !

I hope your dad gets better man.

I tore it down because there's no way I could get two of the meso's as loud as all three of them. when I had the two hooked up I tested it for a few minutes and the coils almost immediately got hot. And I only had the gain turned up a hair from 0. Yes I could most definitely get louder with two beefier 18's. I have no doubt about that. But it'll be a very very long time before I can afford them. And louie I could easily achieve 150+ just like chaseinbass if I had a truck. But I have a pacifica, it's a crossover. So it's slightly bigger than an extended cab truck. Truck's are simple to get loud in. I would love to have an extended cab truck. And my power and ground wire are 4/0 excelene wire. The shiitty 1/0 is going from the battery up front to the one's in the back. And boomin tahoe It hasn't been the greatest. I would rather not start an argument over something stupid. So i'm not going to tell you to fuuuck off lol.
I told you a long time ago them subs are a ******* joke

But that box that I just built and followed everything that you said to do hispls.
Don't lump me into that. I've been saying for the last 60 pages that you MUST seal the front from the back and you will probably need to tweak volume or tuning. At no point did I say "get halfway done, "test" it, then throw a tantrum and cut it out again".

Don't lump me into that. I've been saying for the last 60 pages that you MUST seal the front from the back and you will probably need to tweak volume or tuning. At no point did I say "get halfway done, "test" it, then throw a tantrum and cut it out again".
Too late lol If he builds again....it'll be what #4 ?!

Fergy. How about instead of spending weeks working on your 87th wall spend the time to look for job:wow: what I'd do. And take the fall winter off and spring time do it right

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.