Should I wall the Focus...?

The original plan was to do 4 18" infinite baffle which I have moved towards but I had the thought that now that I am back in the hobby; I could see down the line, that I wouldn't be satisfied with the output. This given the drivers I was using. I know it sounds contradictory given what I said in the above post about numbers and output and I apologize for that. That maybe, I need to go bigger. This and if I were to modify cut the rear deck to accomadate the two extra 18's I should think of a wall instead. I travel alot for work so the plan was to build something fun and crazy with a lot of speakers to play with while I am home.. It would be a daily in as much as I will be home. (week a month.)
I guess what I'm looking for is someone to say "full send." I'm stuck in this "middling" idea of low power. I'm also waffling on building something that is loud. I'm not really intersted in building an sq car. My only real concern is tonality and being able to listen to it all day.
I'm sure this response is frustrating to some and what I really need to do is just upgrade the electrical and run some serious wattage.
Would it be fun to be loud...? Yeah. But I'm not sure that I care. This is why I am asking the community for ideas. I want to get off this damn fencepost either way.

Maybe I shouldn't have made the post bros. I'm just trying to work through this s%& and I wanted as many brains on it as possible. The rum and coke isn't helping either
If I knew "full send" was an option, I would've voted for it! I didn't know how you use the vehicle. If it were a daily driver, I'd say maximize cargo space and fuel economy. On a "for fun" vehicle, only you can make the tough calls that will affect the final outcome.

You asked for opinions and you got them. Nobody is discouraging you from making posts.

Rum coke < silver coke < silver root beer

If I knew "full send" was an option, I would've voted for it! I didn't know how you use the vehicle. If it were a daily driver, I'd say maximize cargo space and fuel economy. On a "for fun" vehicle, only you can make the tough calls that will affect the final outcome.

You asked for opinions and you got them. Nobody is discouraging you from making posts.

Rum coke < silver coke < silver root beer
I have an idea but it is going to be stupid expensive. But f$^& it right. Even my mom said do it. hahaha The subwoofer would "literally", and I hate to use that word; cost as much as the vehicle itself. I had in my mind to get a single ddz 21" custom built for the car. Maybe I should just do it. We'll see what happens after my job interview tomorrow. (I'm an Engineer)

...on the drinks, are we we talking IBC or A&W here

I have an idea but it is going to be stupid expensive. But f$^& it right. Even my mom said do it. hahaha The subwoofer would "literally", and I hate to use that word; cost as much as the vehicle itself. I had in my mind to get a single ddz 21" custom built for the car. Maybe I should just do it. We'll see what happens after my job interview tomorrow. (I'm an Engineer)

Obviously everything is better with A&W. Mug is about midfield. Is IBC the silver label on the spicket? If so, I haven't tried it since the first time I tried it. I like Morgan Silver rum.

I shoe horned two 21s in my focus coupe walled.

What do you suppose to gain with that platform over 21" anything else on the market? If you're not chasing numbers DD-Z has little to offer besides the prestige.

What do you suppose to gain with that platform over 21" anything else on the market? If you're not chasing numbers DD-Z has little to offer besides the prestige.
The only thing I could think of was the prestige but perhaps I would be better suited in getting an B&C Ipal or the new eminence instead. There's also a warden or a judge to consider. I'm not familiar with any other brands than those as much as 21" are concerned.

I mean, come area is king bro. You can do ALOT with 3k if you have cone area. I decided to go my route so I can keep my trunk for work. The coolest "wall" I've seen was something like 32 - 8's in a car. It was a clamshell style enclosure.

Matt
If I did a single 21" I could have the space to do something interesting with the port. I have a few ideas.

The only thing I could think of was the prestige but perhaps I would be better suited in getting an B&C Ipal or the new eminence instead. There's also a warden or a judge to consider. I'm not familiar with any other brands than those as much as 21" are concerned.
Or just find a loose motor you like and build it up 21". Might take some searching but I suspect you can find parts. Can't possibly be more expensive than DD-Z. Warden is pretty solid and you might check out Pierce Audio, pretty sure they can build 21". I've bought parts from them in the past and they're good quality and they seem to be decent guys over there.

Or just find a loose motor you like and build it up 21". Might take some searching but I suspect you can find parts. Can't possibly be more expensive than DD-Z. Warden is pretty solid and you might check out Pierce Audio, pretty sure they can build 21". I've bought parts from them in the past and they're good quality and they seem to be decent guys over there.
I've got a pair of motors very well suited to 18+ inch drivers. Lol

Matt

The wildcard is the coils. Still on the fence about trading you for those and seeing if I can get a batch wound up. I'd feel a bit better about it if we could find OEM coil dimensions.

I'll send you an OEM top assembly with em. Hell, the coil and top are still good, just the tinsel to coil connection is bad. You might be able to make it work again, I just don't have the tools.

Matt

If you do wall it with 2 - 18's on low power take a look at these. They bang.

Screenshot_20220823-231612_Chrome.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...