The do's and dont''s of my first wall....it seems like something isn't right....

ferguson621

Senior VIP Member
Ok so i finally found an engine for my car and just finished doing my motor swap because i blew a hole in one of the pistons so i wasnt able to test anything till now because i dont like to run my amp on 12v.....so anyways csc_stang hooked me up with a design! And i most definitely appreciate your kindness in helping me! Thank you again....I'll include pictures also for a visual....but the subs seem like they either dont like being tuned to 30hz....it could just be me because ive never tuned below 35hz....but they don't really hit the lows that good, ive tried playing a few songs that were like 26-32hz and they didn't sound good at all, and when they hit from 40hz on up you can really feel it, but it also sounds like the wood is slapping together really hard or it could be my sunroof or back glass....i havent been able to get out and look because i live in a small town and the cops love to mess with me because they have nothing else better to do. So i need some pointers on what i should do for better bracing and what i should do about the tuning.....because they're recommended tuning is 32hz

Why do you say that?....just curious......judging by your setup i know your input is worth listening to lol..i have upgraded recones for them....xl aluminum coils, 8 layer spiders with extra spiders for added stiffness and wide roll surrounds, they're ct sounds meso 18's with psi recones

Why do you say that?....just curious......judging by your setup i know your input is worth listening to lol..i have upgraded recones for them....xl aluminum coils, 8 layer spiders with extra spiders for added stiffness and wide roll surrounds, they're ct sounds meso 18's with psi recones
Ohh, well pics werent up when i posted, and your sig said stock hds3's, which everyone hates. Seal the wall off from the trunk is my advice to you.

Lol sorry about that. I keep forgetting to update my sig info.....and hertz mafia I was trying to stack the 2x4's so they would brace the outside of the box so it won't flex because I only have one layer all the way around and double baffled on the front....How many layers do you and chris recommend? Like I said this is my first wall lol. I jumped in not knowing anything about building a wall.....but I love to learn new things and I'm a quick learner. That's also why I was asking for help from people who have a wall and are doing 150+ like you and chris. Cause I knew you would definitely chime in on my thread which I do appreciate by the way. Oh and for internal bracing I have 45's in the corners and two 2x2's going front to back and two 2x2's going vertically. And the 2x12's on the back are for added external bracing so it won't flex as much. Oh and what would be the best/easiest way to seal it off completely?

If I were you I would scrap that enclosure and start over... the enclosure Should be at LEAST doubled walled all the way around and a triple+ baffle, along with bracing... I'm not hating but instead of trying to add random pieces of wood just build it right from the beginning.

Technically that's not a wall, just a big ass box. I agree that you should start over. Seal off the wall, at least double layers all around and plenty of internal bracing (I like using threaded rod). Flexing could be the cause of all you problems.

*awaits boomin tahoe to dislike my post and add his negative comments

Technically that's not a wall, just a big ass box. I agree that you should start over. Seal off the wall, at least double layers all around and plenty of internal bracing (I like using threaded rod). Flexing could be the cause of all you problems.

*awaits boomin tahoe to dislike my post and add his negative comments
Same was said about my wall lol.

Anyway op, what type of wood did you use as that seems like normal cheap wood?

The wood type can make a difference and how it is sealed within the actual box.

My issue was i didnt apply enough force on the wood on the roof part that it caused wood slap in between the layers.

Next wall if i make one will be difference ??

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

if you need some help with how to brace i can give you a few pointers that would drastically help.

you need help making a seal and panels around the box?

the external braces aren't doing much except making it look back.

If I were you I would scrap that enclosure and start over... the enclosure Should be at LEAST doubled walled all the way around and a triple+ baffle, along with bracing... I'm not hating but instead of trying to add random pieces of wood just build it right from the beginning.
Remember when you had a big box instead of a wall? Man I gave you a lot of **** over that. Those where the days.

Remember when you had a big box instead of a wall? Man I gave you a lot of **** over that. Those where the days.
And I was still louder then you:crap:, ...

I just seen paper maker say in another thread a dude with 2 18s and taramps 15k should be doing 162db... lmao... papermaker has NOoooo idea what it takes to do a 162db... my fvcking head almost exploded when he said that.

And I was still louder then you:crap:, ...
I just seen paper maker say in another thread a dude with 2 18s and taramps 15k should be doing 162db... lmao... papermaker has NOoooo idea what it takes to do a 162db... my fvcking head almost exploded when he said that.
That was aimed at me and I didn't bother responding for the same reason. It will be 30k though fwiw

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.