The do's and dont''s of my first wall....it seems like something isn't right....

at least one fergy has accomplished someting:popcorn: bet she didn't get there in one day either. Op needs Zoloft and lots of xanax. Shoot I'm gonna have a week in my box alone. But I work on it before school starts and in my lunch breaks. I do maintenance for 4 schools in town.

I'm selling the meso's......fuuck em.....I'm hoping to get $800 for all three....so what sub would you guy's recommend for $800? Need's to be a 15".....I was thinking a team aa 15" ......I need some opinions though...I'll buy used also

I'm selling the meso's......fuuck em.....I'm hoping to get $800 for all three....so what sub would you guy's recommend for $800? Need's to be a 15".....I was thinking a team aa 15" ......I need some opinions though...I'll buy used also
so let me get this straight. no wall from 3 18s to 1 15?

man I don't know honestly....I want to keep them because I did have them playing the first time, I just didn't like how it was pieced together. I think I need to do the baffle first and then the rest of it. As opposed to doing the sides, back and bottom first and then the baffle last. Cause I was able to get all three and the port to fit the first time. But I also had full sheets of wood. I've got I think three sheets of 3/4 osb left. I wasted all the full sheets of plywood I had awhile go on the first and second designs.

Oops I didn't mean the very first design. I meant the first actual wall. Where the baffle was 60" wide and 48" tall. And yes hispls I agree it was a complete clusterfuck lol.

Serious question and no bad intentions behind it but why not just one or two 18s in a normal box subs up portnback? You seem to change your mind a lot(I do, can't even begin to list subs I've had past few years) and that way you can pull and rebuild and keep it clean and simple. Here's a pic of a box I'm working on for two fu 1250 15s. 10.8 tuned to 29 with a 10" aero. Been working on it for a week or so and will probably spend another week or two in my spare time finishing it. Look at it this way. You'll keep the car what 5-10years or more on average(rust is a pain here) so why not take a few weeks on a install and enjoy it for a long time vs 1 day halfassed want to hear it now walls. And just a personal preference but I'm way more impressed with a 150db window line box. Now hertzmafia has a wall that will split your head open and then crush your chest at the same time. Things nasty in a good way and it took more than a few days to build. I promise any wall worth hearing or seeing wasn't built in a week let alone a day. Like I said 20 pages ago. Take your time and when you get frustrated STOP!!! Bad temper and mood is just going to=bad craftsmenship. But here's what I've been working on in my spare time.

fbgk68.jpg

Very nice! I like it louie. And absolutely! I would love to have one or two 18's below window line doing 150+. One 18" doing 150+ would be even better. But I also want it to be similar to hertz mafia's when I turn it up. That bass that makes your chest feel like it's caving in and you can't take a breathe unless you turn it down about half way. Everyone always says cone area is king. So I assumed at the time that I would be able to achieve that level with three 18's. And I thought that the meso's were good when I first saw them online. And coleman thedinger fuucking lied about the rms on these meso's....if you look in his thread where he's selling them he lists them as being 2000rms/3000 peak......that's why I went with them in the first place. I was thinking damnn that's a steal for $500 for all three since they can take 2000rms each....That is the only reason I bought them. And come to find out he lied about there true rated power handling. It fuckking pisssed me off more than you can imagine. And come to find out in reality they're only about 1200rms subs. I was thinking to myself...hell yeah I'll be able to push roughly 2500 to each one with no problems! It should be loud as fuuck! No doubt in my mind...finally I can kinda be up there with hertz mafia and hispls etc.....But I was terribly mistaken. I used to have two hdc3 18's and an american bass vfl 200.1. And i really like them. But i wanted that deep bass that the hdc's couldn't deliver.

Hertz has years into his truck. Not just one summer of stuff slapped in. It takes patience and upgrading and also those guys are like the NFL and I'm just trying to play high school football. But there's no reason with gains set right, right box you shouldn't be loud with what you have. Just got to learn slow down and take your time. It also helps to stop trying to do builds like other people and just do your own thing and have fun and know what you like. For instance I want to be loud for sure but I'd much rather play 20-60 cleanly and more focused on 20-35 as my strong spot and I've learned over the years build my boxes a little bigger than spec and ports around 7-9 per cube with a aero is what I personally like. Yes each sub is different and will see what happens this time.

Very nice! I like it louie. And absolutely! I would love to have one or two 18's below window line doing 150+. One 18" doing 150+ would be even better. But I also want it to be similar to hertz mafia's when I turn it up. That bass that makes your chest feel like it's caving in and you can't take a breathe unless you turn it down about half way. Everyone always says cone area is king. So I assumed at the time that I would be able to achieve that level with three 18's. And I thought that the meso's were good when I first saw them online. And coleman thedinger fuucking lied about the rms on these meso's....if you look in his thread where he's selling them he lists them as being 2000rms/3000 peak......that's why I went with them in the first place. I was thinking damnn that's a steal for $500 for all three since they can take 2000rms each....That is the only reason I bought them. And come to find out he lied about there true rated power handling. It fuckking pisssed me off more than you can imagine. And come to find out in reality they're only about 1200rms subs. I was thinking to myself...hell yeah I'll be able to push roughly 2500 to each one with no problems! It should be loud as fuuck! No doubt in my mind...finally I can kinda be up there with hertz mafia and hispls etc.....But I was terribly mistaken. I used to have two hdc3 18's and an american bass vfl 200.1. And i really like them. But i wanted that deep bass that the hdc's couldn't deliver.
You can be like hertz mafia, just pay someone to build your wall and be done with it.

You can be like hertz mafia, just pay someone to build your wall and be done with it.
You guys can talk all this Shlt u want. Even if I built it myself I could never get it as clean looking as altimate did.... within a year or so I will be rebuilding into a bpillar wall and I will be building it myself.. then when I’m doing 160s and build it myself you all ain’t gunna have nothing to say. It’s a shame that people hate so bad because altimate built my cpillar. what you guys don’t see the all the other wall builds I’ve helped build. I helped rods 8 15” audio legion blowthrough... I help Brandon’s 4 team 18s subwoofer bpillar flat wall build, I just don’t brag, you can say all this crap about who built what but we are all friends and help build each other build, you all forget this is spouse to be fun but all you guys just get butthurt and can’t help but hate.. just shows what kind of people you are.

I wasnt talking ****. The guys wants to be loud and doesnt know how to do it himself. Might as well pay someone that does and just be done with it.

Lol Mazda kid if I had the money I probably would pay someone.....whether hertz mafia paid someone or did it himself regardless he's doing 157 on music! And I love to learn new things. I enjoy the experience whether it's good or bad.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.