Deadening for a bpillar wall

Participant count
  • Participant list

Bass so loud it HZ

CarAudio.com Regular
So I was gonna do a cpillar wall but found out the 4 18s just weren't gonna fit right So I'm going bpillar 6th order.. Is there any reason to put more deadener behind the bpillar if I seal it off right ? I'm thinking of doing a mdf roof in front of bpillar or would it be better to do the whole roof . Also wondering the best route to keep my window and doors from breaking without crazy modifications really wanting to keep it nice looking

As long as its sealed up well its pretty pointless to deaden behind the wall. Do a wood roof. I had like 5 layers of deadener on my roof and it still flexed horribly. I wouldn't use MDF though. Not a whole lot you can do for the doors. The sheet metal holding the latches are pretty weak. Windows will be fine. Windshield might be a different story but roof flex causes the majority of broken windshields. I have seen 162+ builds with no windshield issues. OEM glass lasted the longest for me. The cheap aftermarket windshields broke quite a few times.

As long as its sealed up well its pretty pointless to deaden behind the wall. Do a wood roof. I had like 5 layers of deadener on my roof and it still flexed horribly. I wouldn't use MDF though. Not a whole lot you can do for the doors. The sheet metal holding the latches are pretty weak. Windows will be fine. Windshield might be a different story but roof flex causes the majority of broken windshields. I have seen 162+ builds with no windshield issues. OEM glass lasted the longest for me. The cheap aftermarket windshields broke quite a few times.
What would you recommend using for the roof then ? Should I do just the bpillar or the whole roof ?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...