DD 712 wall

Participant count
  • Participant list

K9Candyman

CarAudio.com Recruit
ITALY
Hello friends. I ended up with 6 DD 712-D2 on 2 soundigital 8k @1.33ohm and i'm about to build a flat wall, but i want a suggestion from you for the tuning. Some friends say to tune a bit higher because i listen to techno, trance, edm and that kind of stuff and occasionally rap hip hop. Some other to tune anyway low for the better SQ of the system in general. What is your opinion? Maybe someone of you can make some simulation on win isd and give me a suggestion. Thank you

Last edited:
It is rather difficult to predict tuning on a flat wall so really you'll probably do best to have a plan on how you can alter tuning after it is together, sealed off, and can be tested. Box can be tuned higher by shrinking the volume or tuned lower by adding more port depth. If you don't have box volume to spare after the fact making the port wider can be done but it is going to be a **** job to have to cut.

DB drag vets I know up here aim for as much port area as they can get and as much volume and shrink the box to tune higher as needed. Not sure what's practical in your vehicle, but I suggest you have a plan to be able to modify tuning later.

You need to establish what frequency bandwidth you want to play to determine where you should try to to tune. I listen to a good bit of electronic music, and I prefer lower tuning, but I also like really powerful lows. If that was my wall, I’d tune to 27-30 hz more than likely, but I like to play below 30 hz somewhat loudly and don’t care much about playing out of the 60 hz range.

This is 2 DD9918’s I designed at about 25 hz, it still did over a 153 db at 25-26 hz with a faulty coil on one of the subs. Idk if this link will work:

You’ll move a lot of air, but it comes at a sacrifice. I cannot design right now, fyi. Just figure out what range you want to play and go from there, like if you want to play 25-60 hz or 30-80 hz or whatever; it’s all up to you.

Last edited:
It's not that simple. What tuning frequency you'll like best is subjective. I don't care for ported enclosures in car audio, so I opt for no tuning freq

I really don't have a proper way to advise tuning based on those songs.
Ok i go for 310 liters (11 ft3) tuned at 32.
This should give me the right bass from 40 to 55 where EDM bass is and the F3 is at 27hz so it can go decently low
1.png

Last edited:
Ok i go for 310 liters (11 ft3) tuned at 32.
This should give me the right bass from 40 to 55 where EDM bass is and the F3 is at 27hz so it can go decently low
View attachment 51183

That should be good for you. I think even tuning down to 32 is not going to be necessary to handle any of that sort of music you'll use, but tuning higher is going to be very peaky. Ideally I'd try to aim for a way to test 36-38hz tuning then try 42, then try 32 and see which one suits you best over a variety of your favorite tracks. You will be able to play a fair bit below your tuning frequency so 32hz tuning will play down to around 27 right fine and 42 will handle 37 comfortably.

They are 12's i do a mistake writing at the first post
Ok then 11 cubes will be fine. Keep in mind the f/s of those woofers is about 28 hz, so you if you tune really high above that, the woofers can be more likely to loose control/bottom out the closer you play down to the Fs. Make sure to check your cone excursion in winisd, but realize that’s not always accurate, either. Just play around with it. You can check the Cms too to help determine that.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...