Bumpin Buicks NW build

Just for the hell of it I will throw up my results and my vehicle transfer function //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

2001_GMC_Jimmy_positioning.PNG

2001_GMC_Jimmy_transfer_function.PNG

The powers that be disagree. Quantitatively speaking, how much dick do you **** in a week?
Orders of magnitude less dick than you **** //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Hate to break it to you Matt but all that fancy stuff doesn't make a vehicle loud. All this transfer function stuff and testing with equipment your not going to use yourself doesn't help with anything at all. There's way more to it then that.... Once you figure it out I can say, "I told you so."
I never messed with clampmeters, transfer functions, box sizes, port sizes, etc, etc, etc.

What it comes down to is test, change, test, change, test, change. No one can show you that except yourself.
Geoff I know what you are saying, but I do beg to respectfully disagree with you to an extent, why keep changing things if you can come to the same conclusion on the first box from running these simple and effective tests. I can put my TL side by side and the graphs will correlate. The fact is all though this testing wont get me a world record, it will be effecient and it will be effective. Jeff Brown and Jordan have done tons of testing as they always do and they came up with subs up port up and that Xterra is crazy loud for a daily beater, as I plan to have mine as well.

Also if I recall, and you said this yourself, you threw your box together once, no test trials or changing of anything. You told me you threw it all together and thats just how it came out, doing some crazy sick numbers right off the bat, close to some world records if Im not mistaken, and that was with no testing. Just ironic cause from what i got you did no changes to your box what so ever.

Honestly Tommy and Geoff I don't care what numbers it does, I dont compete to win, I compete to have fun and meet people. And they dont judge me based on my numbers or how I do in the sport. Im content with that, honestly if I put up a 145 when this is all said and done with. I wont care because I learned the things I wanted to learn.

I learned how to use Autocad

I learned how to use a CNC table

I learned how to measure transfer function

I learned how to use round over routers

I learned how to make effective window bracing

I learned how to make interchangable ports

I learned how to find and match the perfect peak frequency of the car and the sub/s.

When it all comes down to it I feel that I walk out of this knowing much more then changing stuff or guessing till its right. I dont mean to start an arugement with any of you but that is simply my take on it. We shall see how it turns out but either way I am doing what I want to do and not what people tell me to do, and im perfectly content with it.

Geoff I know what you are saying, but I do beg to respectfully disagree with you to an extent, why keep changing things if you can come to the same conclusion on the first box from running these simple and effective tests. I can put my TL side by side and the graphs will correlate. The fact is all though this testing wont get me a world record, it will be effecient and it will be effective. Jeff Brown and Jordan have done tons of testing as they always do and they came up with subs up port up and that Xterra is crazy loud for a daily beater, as I plan to have mine as well.
Honestly Tommy and Geoff I don't care what numbers it does, I dont compete to win, I compete to have fun and meet people. And they dont judge me based on my numbers or how I do in the sport. Im content with that, honestly if I put up a 145 when this is all said and done with. I wont care because I learned the things I wanted to learn.

I learned how to use Autocad

I learned how to use a CNC table

I learned how to measure transfer function

I learned how to use round over routers

I learned how to make effective window bracing

I learned how to make interchangable ports

I learned how to find and match the perfect peak frequency of the car and the sub/s.

When it all comes down to it I feel that I walk out of this knowing much more then changing stuff or guessing till its right. I dont mean to start an arugement with any of you but that is simply my take on it. We shall see how it turns out but either way I am doing what I want to do and not what people tell me to do, and im perfectly content with it.
That's my view, it's just fun, I don't have to win. Also, I don;t have enough money to buy the needed amps, electrical, subs and repeatedly build boxes to test different set ups to get loud. I wish I did and if I did I would have fun competing but since I don't I will just have fun with it.

Geoff I know what you are saying, but I do beg to respectfully disagree with you to an extent, why keep changing things if you can come to the same conclusion on the first box from running these simple and effective tests.
Because those tests are complete ********, that's why.

Unless you are testing YOUR equipment in YOUR vehicle, any and all testing and computer simulations don't mean ****.

Same conclusion? Hardly.

If you really think that putting a single 12" in your car and testing it firing in different position is really going to give you an accurate representation then you are delusional.

Because those tests are complete ********, that's why.
Unless you are testing YOUR equipment in YOUR vehicle, any and all testing and computer simulations don't mean ****.

Same conclusion? Hardly.

If you really think that putting a single 12" in your car and testing it firing in different position is really going to give you an accurate representation then you are delusional.
Yea, using a smaller box then going to a larger box with bigger displacement will change the transfer function significantly, however the peak should be close to the same. I went from a 4 cube ported box at 34Hz to a 1 cube sealed box and my overall peak frequency stayed within a few Hz.

Yea, using a smaller box then going to a larger box with bigger displacement will change the transfer function significantly, however the peak should be close to the same. I went from a 4 cube ported box at 34Hz to a 1 cube sealed box and my overall peak frequency stayed within a few Hz.
Are you referring to the vehicle peak or the enclosure peak?

If vehicle, then yes I tend to agree with you. Though once again it is install dependant.

Can I ask you this?

If you are building for a certain class for db drag then why don't you care about your score? Everyone that competes cares about their score to an extent.

You might as well just not look at the rulebook for dbdrag and build whatever floats in your head at the time but you keep building for different classes. Hell, hop in Streetmax, like you said on a different forum and time that no one competes in there cause I messed up that class in this area. No one wants to play with me. lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.