Bumpin Buicks NW build

Scientifically backed by pretty graphs...Woot!
Hahahaha WTF?

I'm honored someone knows so much about me. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Just stating what I know. Yes, I know you don't plan on winning world records with it, otherwise you would do a better layout. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
152-153 is a pretty low goal with the equipment being used. Hell, we had a 4 door blazer doing a 151 on the dash with a type-r 15" and an orion 2500d at 1 ohm.

Even with that layout it should be possible to do a 153+, unless you are tuning low for music.

Tommy you are more then welcome to build/design me a setup. Problem is to offer enough space below windowline for the ports to breath, id be down to under 8 cubes, and the DC lvl5s are most effecient at 5 cubes per. There for I went with what I did... that and it has been proven through rigirous testing that it is louder. We literraly had the sub in like 10 differnt places and had mics in different places as well. No matter what sub up port up showed the loudest. So that is what I am following. Guess im just one of those guys who goes by the book. Also this is a daily setup. Im not saying it wont or cant do a 155+, who knows it very well could, but those are my goals... and I have no problem with over shooting them.

Tommy you are more then welcome to build/design me a setup. Problem is to offer enough space below windowline for the ports to breath, id be down to under 8 cubes, and the DC lvl5s are most effecient at 5 cubes per. There for I went with what I did... that and it has been proven through rigirous testing that it is louder. We literraly had the sub in like 10 differnt places and had mics in different places as well. No matter what sub up port up showed the loudest. So that is what I am following. Guess im just one of those guys who goes by the book. Also this is a daily setup. Im not saying it wont or cant do a 155+, who knows it very well could, but those are my goals... and I have no problem with over shooting them.

but truth is, is what ever is loudest on the TL correct?

sub up port up proved not to be loudest on TL for a reason....

sell me your cascade omega's you owe alex tho

* Alex LaVelle 193.200.150.152 [Find Posts by User] [View Other IP Addresses for this User]

* banned89 193.200.150.152 [Find Posts by User] [View Other IP Addresses for this User]

* loudest227 193.200.150.152 [Find Posts by User] [View Other IP Addresses for this User]

193.200.150.152 server location: Victoria in Seychelles

Any particular reason you are wanting to stay below the windowline? You aren't going for a record or anything like that, so whats the benefit?

Now with the sub and mic in different places, were you just moving the same box around or did you actually try out different sub/port layouts?

Sure a bigger box may be more efficient, but that doesn't mean its going to be louder, especially with the level of power you are running. Now if it was 1000-1500 per sub, then I could see a bigger box being better.

Hiiiiiiii

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 27 (19 members and 8 guests)

basebalz13 , Alex LaVelle , AudioXtremes , bhsdriller , BigJoker , bones22 , bumpin buick , d-REW , da box king , here to buy , kurrupt , lambofgood91 , MisterGrubbs , p3bumpin , SELFMADE , SPLluminator , SWFL , terra , tylork92

Any particular reason you are wanting to stay below the windowline?
Now with the sub and mic in different places, were you just moving the same box around or did you actually try out different sub/port layouts?

Sure a bigger box may be more efficient, but that doesn't mean its going to be louder, especially with the level of power you are running. Now if it was 1000-1500 per sub, then I could see a bigger box being better.
I have three interchangable slots, one with 4 6" aeros tuned to 43hz which is my transfer function and two that are lower standard slots for daily.

The sub and mic were in differnt places during our measurements, ranging from headrest to dash with the mic and the sub was literally all over the trunk in every which position you could imagine.

Rusty has personally had guys burp these with 20k to each in small boxes, that's why I figure go with a big box and get about 4k to each and still be decent. Just going off of what I have found out on my own, honestly if it doesnt do a 155 Im really not going to care at all. Its below windowline because I drive this truck about 25,000 miles a year and I prefer a back window, also I want to keep my truck light as it all ready gets bad gas as it is.

Had it been a comp vehicle id simply wall it but its not.

I have three interchangable slots, one with 4 6" aeros tuned to 43hz which is my transfer function and two that are lower standard slots for daily.
The sub and mic were in differnt places during our measurements, ranging from headrest to dash with the mic and the sub was literally all over the trunk in every which position you could imagine.

Rusty has personally had guys burp these with 20k to each in small boxes, that's why I figure go with a big box and get about 4k to each and still be decent. Just going off of what I have found out on my own, honestly if it doesnt do a 155 Im really not going to care at all. Its below windowline because I drive this truck about 25,000 miles a year and I prefer a back window, also I want to keep my truck light as it all ready gets bad gas as it is.

Had it been a comp vehicle id simply wall it but its not.
Ok, so how exactly did you determine that sub up/port up was louder without trying an enclosure that was sub up/port back? Even if it's smaller?

You used the same layout box, just moved it around.

I guess I'm making a big stink over nothing, I just didn't like the way you worded your original post. "scientifically proven" sounds so over the top, especially since every SUV I've ever seen has never, EVER had subs and ports up. Db drag, usaci, meca, all of them.

Ok, so how exactly did you determine that sub up/port up was louder without trying an enclosure that was sub up/port back? Even if it's smaller?
You used the same layout box, just moved it around.

I guess I'm making a big stink over nothing, I just didn't like the way you worded your original post. "scientifically proven" sounds so over the top, especially since every SUV I've ever seen has never, EVER had subs and ports up. Db drag, usaci, meca, all of them.
Yea, I've always been told sub up port back. But I don't care about loud anyway. However the transfer function gives the loudest peak in the vehicle, the doesn't change much with position, it does but even with my sub sealed and many different areas below 60Hz or so the function never changed no matter what the position. I am not an SPL competitor at all, I am just saying what I observed doing the same testing that Matt did.

Yea, I've always been told sub up port back. But I don't care about loud anyway. However the transfer function gives the loudest peak in the vehicle, the doesn't change much with position, it does but even with my sub sealed and many different areas below 60Hz or so the function never changed no matter what the position. I am not an SPL competitor at all, I am just saying what I observed doing the same testing that Matt did.
That part should have came first, so then I wouldn't have wasted my time reading the rest of that crap you posted.

save your breath...btw when you came down to that show at tremorz what number did you do? lol

edit, nvm thought you was someone else

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.