1st timer DIY Fiberglass Kick Panels

Jared530
10+ year member

Drop bombs
Ok, so my 2 sets of the Mpyre M65 came in so I decided to get started on my kick panels. Im looking for suggestions and recommendations because I dont have the slightest clue as to what im doing. But what the heck right? Projects are fun!

IM CURRENTLY IN THE MARKET FOR TWEETERS SO GIVE ME SOME SUGGESTIONS SO I CAN ORDER ASAP!

DSCN1798.jpg

DSCN1799.jpg

DSCN1800.jpg

DSCN1802.jpg

DSCN1801.jpg

DSCN1806.jpg

I just put the foil up today and Im going to lay the glass tomarrow. Ill have more pics tomarrow

if you have alot of bass to keep up with selenium st200/st350 tweeters ftw
im currently in the middle of door pod builds for my 4 mypre mids.
lol you bought some sets after watching that youtube video?

I was going to but a set in each door but I need to start slow before I do something like that. Are going to run a single tweet per side? what car are they going in?

lol you bought some sets after watching that youtube video?
I was going to but a set in each door but I need to start slow before I do something like that. Are going to run a single tweet per side? what car are they going in?
he has had his for a bit his pods leaked on him..

yeah ive had them for a few months.

i was sending 125 to each of them in my old pods i made for them when i got them, but they started leaking from bad seals.

as for space, each pod was probably 1 cubic ft. with two in each pod. they had great extension in those pods for the first few days, then the leaking started .

now they will be in slightly smaller pods, maybe .8 cubic ft a side, but built a whole lot better.

they can take alot more than 125 though, they'll take 250!!! they take more power before getting stinky or past their limits than any other mid ive used or heard

you can cross them very low especially for mids, like 50hz, but to be safe at high power, go with 60, 63 or a lil higher.

and heres a tip for the kick panel build,

use spandex for the mold, not fleece.

i have became a believer in the power of spandex. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

yeah ive had them for a few months.
i was sending 125 to each of them in my old pods i made for them when i got them, but they started leaking from bad seals.

as for space, each pod was probably 1 cubic ft. with two in each pod. they had great extension in those pods for the first few days, then the leaking started .

now they will be in slightly smaller pods, maybe .8 cubic ft a side, but built a whole lot better.

they can take alot more than 125 though, they'll take 250!!! they take more power before getting stinky or past their limits than any other mid ive used or heard

you can cross them very low especially for mids, like 50hz, but to be safe at high power, go with 60, 63 or a lil higher.

haha ok ill use spanedex then, i havent bought fleece so thats good. Im going to be running a sax125.2 to them. so 125w each. Do you have pics of your previous install?

and heres a tip for the kick panel build,

use spandex for the mold, not fleece.

i have became a believer in the power of spandex. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
haha ok ill use spanedex then, i havent bought fleece so thats good. Do you have pics of your previous install?

layed the glass and resin today. I used the cloth as opposed to the mat. I was wondering should i add another layer or glass to ensure toughness? I dont want to be kicking myself down the road

DSCN1812.jpg

DSCN1813.jpg

theirs just a single layer or cloth. You can see the thickness of it around the edges where it didnt get resin.

I think your just looking at the scrap around the edge that didnt get resin.

Ok the mold dried and i took them out and sanded out the air pockets and extrusions so its was perfectly smooth. I layed like 4 or 5 more layers to ensure toughness. note to self: wear jumpsuit when sanding.

DSCN1815.jpg

DSCN1814.jpg

DSCN1817.jpg

DSCN1816.jpg

Is the cloth portion of it actually part of the finished fiberglass product, or are you just suposed to use the cloth + resin as a mold and discard it after you lay fiberglass?

What are the steps to fiberglassing.. ?

Holy lord man, are you building kicks or sub enclosures? Those things are huge //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.