Bumpin Buicks NW build

Yea, I've always been told sub up port back. But I don't care about loud anyway. However the transfer function gives the loudest peak in the vehicle, the doesn't change much with position, it does but even with my sub sealed and many different areas below 60Hz or so the function never changed no matter what the position. I am not an SPL competitor at all, I am just saying what I observed doing the same testing that Matt did.
**** dick much mr. blose?

That part should have came first, so then I wouldn't have wasted my time reading the rest of that crap you posted.
Wow, way to be a dick. I was stating what happened with my setup as well and at the lower frequencies positioning had a small affect.

wow in three posts I figured out who you were //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
o_rly.jpg

Wow, way to be a dick. I was stating what happened with my setup as well and at the lower frequencies positioning had a small affect.
Your setup has absolutely no bearing on the topic I'm discussing, therefore the information you posted was completely irrelevant.

Especially since you have no competition experience whatsoever and obviously don't understand the signficance that box placement can have on a vehicles resonant frequency/transfer funciton/impedence rise/tuning/etc.

Regardless, I'm getting a little off-topic here anyways, so I'll just stop before I turn this thread into more of a cluster-f*ck.

**** dick much mr. blose?
Um, in what way does that imply that at all? I was just stating how the transfer function works and how it changed for me when we measured it and I observed very similar results to Matt's.

Your setup has absolutely no bearing on the topic I'm discussing, therefore the information you posted was completely irrelevant.
Especially since you have no competition experience whatsoever and obviously don't understand the signficance that box placement can have on a vehicles resonant frequency/transfer funciton.

Regardless, I'm getting a little off-topic here anyways, so I'll just stop before I turn this thread into more of a cluster-f*ck.
Oh, I understand the significance. Positioning changed a lot in my setup, but it was mostly over 60Hz response. Just because someone doesn't compete doesn't mean that can't understand the concepts.

Um, in what way does that imply that at all? I was just stating how the transfer function works and how it changed for me when we measured it and I observed very similar results to Matt's.
SI? AE? It was just a general question. That's all.

Oh, I understand the significance. Positioning changed a lot in my setup, but it was mostly over 60Hz response. Just because someone doesn't compete doesn't mean that can't understand the concepts.
We (at least I am) are not talking about response over 60 hz, especially since I'm sure matt is looking for a loud musical setup.

Box position/layout can have a HUGE effect in the lower frequencies, which is something that can't be determined by fancy graphs and computer programs.

Test, test, test is the (and will remain the) only way to know for sure.

People don't get loud plugging numbers into a computer.

I'd like to see these programs used on my truck and see what conclusions they come to in comparison to how it actually reacts.

Hate to break it to you Matt but all that fancy stuff doesn't make a vehicle loud. All this transfer function stuff and testing with equipment your not going to use yourself doesn't help with anything at all. There's way more to it then that.... Once you figure it out I can say, "I told you so."

I never messed with clampmeters, transfer functions, box sizes, port sizes, etc, etc, etc. Not to brag but I think I posted the loudest ever Streetmax score in the USA in my van at World Finals even, I don't believe in all that nonsense.

What it comes down to is test, change, test, change, test, change. No one can show you that except yourself.

cool, glad my thread could be dumped on so fast... Thanks guys I appreciate it.

TommyK with all do respect sir, I will do what I want and you can do what you want... with testing done it has been proven even with a single 12" box going from sub and port to hatch to turning it on its back so sub and port are up, I gain .5 or so, depending on the location if it is more left or right in the back. I guess thats the proof that I got and I need. I dont care what everyone else does because I am not everyone else. 95% of the people out there also get louder with there door or window open. I had several pros help me out, no matter what I do the car is louder sealed, with that said maybe I am just the opposite and that is why this will work... who knows.

Thanks and back on subject. All weekend I will be working on this to get it done while everyone else is at maxxsonics show. I got the two new NSB G3100s in the back seat. Waiting on recones, alt, and finishing up the box.

cool, glad my thread could be dumped on so fast... Thanks guys I appreciate it.
TommyK with all do respect sir, I will do what I want and you can do what you want... with testing done it has been proven even with a single 12" box going from sub and port to hatch to turning it on its back so sub and port are up, I gain .5 or so, depending on the location if it is more left or right in the back. I guess thats the proof that I got and I need. I dont care what everyone else does because I am not everyone else. 95% of the people out there also get louder with there door or window open. I had several pros help me out, no matter what I do the car is louder sealed, with that said maybe I am just the opposite and that is why this will work... who knows.

Thanks and back on subject. All weekend I will be working on this to get it done while everyone else is at maxxsonics show. I got the two new NSB G3100s in the back seat. Waiting on recones, alt, and finishing up the box.
A single 12?

Are you serious?

Test with the equipment you're going to use.

This is basic **** man.

You can continue to do what you want, but don't get upset when somebody comes along and rapes you with less equipment and a proper box. That's what you're "all about" after all, at least that's what I've seen you post before.

95% is a high estimate BTW. I'd say a good amount gain with the door open, but this is all vehicle and install dependant. 2000lade's astro loses over a dB with the door open, while some astros can gain anywhere from 2-5 dB. Same vehicle, different install, different results.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.