Bumpin Buicks NW build

Yes //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
where it matters //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

Sounded **** good for being tuned to low 50s

Cant wait to hear it with the correct ports in //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Sounded **** good for being tuned to low 50s
Cant wait to hear it with the correct ports in //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
going from 55-56hz to 43hz will be a nice change, I cant wait to hear the difference either. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

6" aeros, with about 6" clearance from the box, they are being changed though as my tuning is a bit too high.
I thought it was four 4" aero. Now it makes sense why you're tuned so high. You have two options. Make ports longer to about 3" off the bottom or plug one port and go to three 6" aeros. Plug one up for now to see how well it works and then later make a new baffle for the three. Four 6" aero is 112 si which is a lot for size of your box. To give you an idea our box is using 71si with the single 10" tuned to 44hz. So with three 6" at 84si of port area would probably be a lot better. I'm sure you already though of this but I just wanted to try and give some suggestions.

I thought it was four 4" aero. Now it makes sense why you're tuned so high. You have two options. Make ports longer to about 3" off the bottom or plug one port and go to three 6" aeros. Plug one up for now to see how well it works and then later make a new baffle for the three. I'm sure you already though of this but I just wanted to try and give some suggestions.
I appreciate it Jeff. I have thought about it, but unsure of how to make a port plug that would correctly seal it off, I will try that though and see what happens.

I got slot ports being made tonight along with the front logo, should have it ready for Madison show.

I appreciate it Jeff. I have thought about it, but unsure of how to make a port plug that would correctly seal it off, I will try that though and see what happens.
I got slot ports being made tonight along with the front logo, should have it ready for Madison show.

A couple ways you can do it. If the port is mounted to mdf you can make a mdf cover plate and as long as it's perfectly flush with the wood it'll seal perfect. Other option that is really easy to do quickly to see if it sounds better/louder by ear is just roll up and stuff a towel in it very tightly. You'll know right away by ear if it helped or not. And don't give up on the aeroports. They just need to be tuned. Good luck with weekend.

A couple ways you can do it. If the port is mounted to mdf you can make a mdf cover plate and as long as it's perfectly flush with the wood it'll seal perfect. Other option that is really easy to do quickly to see if it sounds better/louder by ear is just roll up and stuff a towel in it very tightly. You'll know right away by ear if it helped or not. And don't give up on the aeroports. They just need to be tuned. Good luck with weekend.
Thanks, I always appreciate the help, due to short time and little equipment I will try the towel trick. Its worth a shot at least. I measured what I will need to to do for my aeros to get them to the right tuning roughly. Right now they are only like 10" total, I need them to be about 14" which only leaves about 3.25" from the bottom of the box though, which is what worries me. So we shall see, hope to see you at Madison or Oshkosh

I'm liking this build alot. Looking nice man.
Thanks I am enjoying it too, its all up and running, just go to update/upgrade a few things and it will be here to stay I am super happy with the box, even with the high tunning though I love the thing.

Nerf football or rubber playground ball should make a nice port plug...
hmmm, ill have to dig around in the garage for a nerf football, thanks never would have though of that lol. You guys have fun at Zion tommorow, rep for me cause I cant be there

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.