I Sold the Bug! 🥺, So, New Build

You’ll need a solid 2500 for sure. The Orion looks decent

I had one but sold it. Everybody told me that my Bug couldn't run it. It was over 2,980 on the birth sheet.
Screenshot_20201220-185905_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20201220-185931_Gallery.jpg

In my suv, I would do subs back ports back, which would require bending the port somewhere. you may get away without bending the port in a single cab, which is an extra benefit with an aero.

It was .5 cubes per sub, but after displacement for sub, port and bracing it was obviously bigger than .5 overall. It changes for the size of the port in sq, inches, and tuning. Bracing is differen. Some guys use a ton of wood that takes up slot of displacement. Some guys use all thread, which takes up much less. It could be 1 cube per sub after displacement I suppose, but this is a custom box. It should be a pretty specific number. An aero port totally changes the overall box size compared to a slot port at the same tuning.

When I talk about making the sq inches of port a little oversized, that also lengthens the port at the same port tuning, making the box a bit larger also, and sometimes causes issues even fitting the port into the box.

It was .5 cubes per sub, but after displacement for sub, port and bracing it was obviously bigger than .5 overall. It changes for the size of the port in sq, inches, and tuning. Bracing is differen. Some guys use a ton of wood that takes up slot of displacement. Some guys use all thread, which takes up much less. It could be 1 cube per sub after displacement I suppose, but this is a custom box. It should be a pretty specific number. An aero port totally changes the overall box size compared to a slot port at the same tuning.

American Bass ***** as far as specs for their subs. If I remember correctly, the VFL wants between .75 and 1.0 cubic feet net. So, I was thinking of a 4 cube box before port and speaker displacement. I probably wouldn't do any bracing, but a 1" MDF top.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.