I Sold the Bug! 🥺, So, New Build

I would also make sure to do 48 sq inches of port, or 16 sq. Inches for each cubic foot of air space, if you can fit it. Larger ports can get fairly long when lowering the tuning and raising port area.

So, do you think the 4 VFL8's on a Smart 3K is worth the build? Or, is it not worth the time and money? I just thought that 4 good 8's on a 3K in a standard cab would be different.
It should hit pretty nice .. wired at 2 ohms. A pair of 10s in 4.0@32 htz on 1700 rms @ 2ohms Mono,just about destroyed my roof in my CRV when I ran it

I think so, the air space might be tight. Maybe, .75 for each sub. View attachment 25212
Remove all that BS off that Back wall and that panel and get a flat wall to work with. Looks like you have another 1'-6 or so in length to work with and a good 1'-2' at the window line.?? In TX., You do not need a rearview mirror if you have two outside mirrors and you can obstruct the entire rear window(Black out ) if youd like. All States are different though.

Remove all that BS off that Back wall and that panel and get a flat wall to work with. Looks like you have another 1'-6 or so in length to work with and a good 1'-2' at the window line.?? In TX., You do not need a rearview mirror if you have two outside mirrors and you can obstruct the entire rear window(Black out ) if youd like. All States are different though.

I'm not going to wall a standard cab truck. I can fit a 3.8 cubic foot box behind the seat without any modifications. That should be big enough for four 8's on a 3K.

I'm not going to wall a standard cab truck. I can fit a 3.8 cubic foot box behind the seat without any modifications. That should be big enough for four 8's on a 3K.
Friend of mine did a false wall on the front of the bed on his single cab and gutted the front wall and bed bottom inside of the false wall, cut sub holes in the rear cab wall behind the seats and did a hidden box for 12s forward firing. Ton of work, but super cool setup.

Friend of mine did a false wall on the front of the bed on his single cab and gutted the front wall and bed bottom inside of the false wall, cut sub holes in the rear cab wall behind the seats and did a hidden box for 12s forward firing. Ton of work, but super cool setup.

4 good 8's in an easily removable box on a Smart 3K is enough for me.

I think so, the air space might be tight. Maybe, .75 for each sub. View attachment 25212
I was not talking about doing a Wall. Especially four 8" subs.. Thats pretty retarded man. Im talking about removing that back useless panel to give you a little more of a FLAT area to work with for the enclosure to get it Flush with the back wall giving you a little more room behind the seats. Be a great Idea to deaden that back wall also while your at it. You can also get some height to work with to get closer to a well tuned enclosure

I was not talking about doing a Wall. Especially four 8" subs.. Thats pretty retarded man. Im talking about removing that back useless panel to give you a little more of a FLAT area to work with for the enclosure to get it Flush with the back wall giving you a little more room behind the seats. Be a great Idea to deaden that back wall also while your at it. You can also get some height to work with to get closer to a well tuned enclosure

I think that I can just remove the clips on that back panel and get 4-4.5 cubes, which should be enough. I'm figuring .75 for each sub = 3 cubes. Speaker displacement at .10 x 4 = .40 cubes. So, 3.4 cubes plus whatever cubes the port needs. My installer wants to tune it to 32 hz. I was thinking 35 hz.

I think that I can just remove the clips on that back panel and get 4-4.5 cubes, which should be enough. I'm figuring .75 for each sub = 3 cubes. Speaker displacement at .10 x 4 = .40 cubes. So, 3.4 cubes plus whatever cubes the port needs. My installer wants to tune it to 32 hz. I was thinking 35 hz.
I think 35 would be ideal for those 8s myself. I would recommend Deadening that back wall.. From my experiences, the Vibration of that wall is a nasty outcome of noise

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.