xshlomox
10+ year member

Hey guys, I've been researching and I think I am about to purchase a 12" Fi Q because of all the good reviews. I just have a couple questions regarding the sub itself. On the website, it can come with a bunch of options and I don't know what they are. Can someone explain dual 1 vs. dual 2, spider, P chamfer, I heat ring, high QTS, and cooling? What amp would function well with the sub? Also, does the Q sound better in a ported or sealed box?

Thanks so much!

do you plan on running it sealed or ported? you can get the high QTS and heat ring to make it better for sealed, or if you dont it performs well in ported. IMO i would run it ported if you can since they have the ability to dig low

Thanks for the recommendation, and yes, even though I've never built a box before, I'm gonna attempt to. As long as I have all the right measurements, it shouldn't be that hard but I could be very wrong.

Also, thanks for the discount code.

Thanks for the recommendation, and yes, even though I've never built a box before, I'm gonna attempt to. As long as I have all the right measurements, it shouldn't be that hard but I could be very wrong.
Also, thanks for the discount code.
its not very hard TBH. RAM_Designs or buck can both make you some very good setups for getting the most out of your Q. sheet of MDF costs $30, comes in 4x8. glue and screws cost like $10 lol.

Okay, but usually people don't know what sound quality is. It isn't what it generally means. The SSD sounds great too. But nonetheless, if you want the Q, its a great sub. I'm building a box for it soon.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.