skylineTT
10+ year member

bass=sekz
DSCN1616.jpg

DSCN1618.jpg

DSCN1619.jpg

DSCN1620.jpg

DSCN1626.jpg

looks pretty good to me. 2 med spiders, high roll, and 10" basket. cant wait to put some power down on it!

ive been meaning to look into some more of their threads... so whats the cost on sumn like this, and why do it on a type x?

---------- Post added at 04:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

^^looks pretty nice btw

The type x motor is really a good motor the price of a new type x is generally why people don't buy them. Plus this should easily handle 1000- at least 1200 daily I'm more inclined to say it'll handle 1500-1800 but I'm no speaker builder so idk

ive been meaning to look into some more of their threads... so whats the cost on sumn like this, and why do it on a type x? 

---------- Post added at 04:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

^^looks pretty nice btw
i think its like $150 + shipping or something per sub. idk what his rates are thats what he quoted me. most people generally send stuff into him cause its blown

^^looks pretty nice btw
well, I got the type X from my sister's boyfriend and it was blown, but free. I had been looking for somebody who was comfortable with reconing it because initially, I had wanted to just build it on the oem basket and motor but with new softparts. Corey (SPLaudio) told me that it wasnt feasible to use the OEM basket due to difficulties so i went ahead and just paid for a 12spoke and he built it up from there. It was cheaper than buying a Type X new, but also waaayyy better than an oem Type X. Better than an RE SX as well. I had it built for a low FS because I like heavy and low bass. We worked out a price but prices are different for every sub so PM me and i can give you details about mine.

yeah he is a good guy and won't screw you. he took a vid for me just free-airing it on 600watts and it wasnt moving but maybe an inch peak to peak. I want to put it on an ED Nine.1 at 1ohm in 1.6 cubes at 28hz

it was unlike most of my builds because its a sql woofer.

if you put this sub in a box tuned to 40hz it would be a failure. it was built for a low tuning with low frequency extention. once broke in fully it will sound great!

what love to do is build something totally different..

and it seems like this was somewhat different according to what everyone else has built. Thanks Corey and I cant wait to loosen up the suspension a little and let it creeeeeepppp

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.