Which should I purchase Skar rp2000.1 or skv2-2500.1?

danielbea122

CarAudio.com Exclusive
Tampa
I ordered 2 skar evl12s and now I need the amp to push them. So it's gonna be one of the 2 in the title. I don't want a Brazilian anything lol.

Also I have a bone stock electrical system and the guy at the speaker shop said it'll be about $1k to push the evls to full potential. Does that sound right? I thought I would be much more considering the price of an alternator and multiple XS deep cycle batteries.

Lots of info left out. What is your stock vehicle? The size of your stock alternator would dictate the electrical enhancements you’ll need to make as well as listening preference. do you plan drive your system hard when the car is off or mostly when you are driving. Remember alt provides power when car is on, batteries provide storage for engine off applications.

I ordered 2 skar evl12s and now I need the amp to push them. So it's gonna be one of the 2 in the title. I don't want a Brazilian anything lol
I have direct experience with those subs... wired low and on a budget too.
4k @ .5 is about the limit for a low tuned daily imo.
Btw I had $400 In amps invested but between the a cheapo alt I ran and extra batts /w/ wire I'd estimate an additional $5-600.
As stated above ... if you're looking to push 2 1250 watt subs... focus on electrical 1st.

Last edited:
It's a 2014 Toyota Corolla with a 100amp denso alternator.

My options are doing big 3 and buying a 240amp alternator from singer or excessive amperage plus 2 Northstar batteries

Or

Buying just the batteries and doing big 3, then add an alternator if needed.

Or

I might just return everything because nobody gives straight answers.

I figured it be simple to buy the stuff needed but I've been sitting here with this giant amp and huge speaker box that I can't seem to get installed. I give up.

Last edited:
I'm in Tampa and Skar distribution center is here.

I just purchased everything from them directly and got a discount because they didn't have to ship it.

It's literally an office with a bunch of boxes stacked to the ceiling lol

I wouldn't use Skar equipment if they paid me and gave me a vehicle to put it in. The owner of that company is a tremendous piece of ****. Its unfortunate that people buy their equipment without having a clue what their money is supporting.

I wouldn't use Skar equipment if they paid me and gave me a vehicle to put it in. The owner of that company is a tremendous piece of ****. Its unfortunate that people buy their equipment without having a clue what their money is supporting.
Doesn't really matter to me if the products work.

There would be nothing on the shelves in stores if people worried about business practices.

It's a 2014 Toyota Corolla with a 100amp denso alternator.

My options are doing big 3 and buying a 240amp alternator from singer or excessive amperage plus 2 Northstar batteries

Or

Buying just the batteries and doing big 3, then add an alternator if needed.

Or

I might just return everything because nobody gives straight answers.

I figured it be simple to buy the stuff needed but I've been sitting here with this giant amp and huge speaker box that I can't seem to get installed. I give up.

Dig deep bro, you bought your gear don’t quit when you can get the answer you want vs a good solution. So We now know your car but what’s your listening habit. Demo style with car off or mostly while driving.

-Big 3 no matter what
- if listening while driving, alternator and single agm up front would work. You’re gonna want to go agm to agm front to back anyways so might as well add second battery only if you need it.
- if listening while car off, multiple batteries in the rear is considerable but factor that multiple batteries and your sub/enclosure in the rear may cause your rear end to sag due to weight on the springs. Money taken from car audio spent on parts that don’t need replacing.

the answer is neither get a worlfram or brutal sounds, or orion xtr or several others but skar

but also I have a 15 corolla and while its a great little car its probably one of the worst cars for car audio ive ever owned even my audi a4 was better. the little pissant 100 amp alt in that car is realistically putting on like 60 amps ive deadened the **** out of the truck and its still rattles like a ***** when I put anything with balls in it.
right now im running an incriminator 501 and 2 American bass xd 6.5's and it adds nice crisp bass but just not a car to expect big clean bass out of imo… I should add not to expect big clean bass unless your willing to make permanent drastic changes to the car to achieve it...

Dig deep bro, you bought your gear don’t quit when you can get the answer you want vs a good solution. So We now know your car but what’s your listening habit. Demo style with car off or mostly while driving.

-Big 3 no matter what
- if listening while driving, alternator and single agm up front would work. You’re gonna want to go agm to agm front to back anyways so might as well add second battery only if you need it.
- if listening while car off, multiple batteries in the rear is considerable but factor that multiple batteries and your sub/enclosure in the rear may cause your rear end to sag due to weight on the springs. Money taken from car audio spent on parts that don’t need replacing.

Returned everything and I'm done with car audio

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.