Which should I purchase Skar rp2000.1 or skv2-2500.1?

I'd quit overthinking this... 2 12s ought to fit and either wire low or buy some 1ohm taramps to split rise.
But unless you want to be underwhelmed... I think a single Sa12 will not be enough.

My take from this thread so far
.. lol... maybe Op's goals have not been made clear... idk

Guess another way to word it would be does the speaker itself factor into how many amperes the amp pulls from my electrical system?

Its the voice coil of the speaker and how all of the components of the system work together aaffecting impedance rise.

Impedance rise is what gives an amp its load.

Ohms law in its simplest form is less impedance (resistance) equals more power.

This is cosmetic, this seems like a good buy for $200

Sold out. Even the brand new one was sold out but I can order it from Amazon.

Hopefully I can get buy with just the extra battery but with the money I've already saved between the two amps I can damn near order the alternator then just enjoy the music.

Thx again everyone.

I'd quit overthinking this... 2 12s ought to fit and either wire low or buy some 1ohm taramps to split rise.
But unless you want to be underwhelmed... I think a single Sa12 will not be enough.

My take from this thread so far
.. lol... maybe Op's goals have not been made clear... idk

You're probably right about the single 12.

My original goal was 2 sa 12s and 1500w amp but I was going to try a single 12 to see how it sounded.

But I ordered 1 dvc 2ohm sa12 and a skar rp1500 thinking that later I could just order another one but you already know the problem in that .

After the 2 week skar debacle I am going to still end up with 2 sa12s @1500w and a migraine.

One last question and I promise I won't bother you guys until after I get it all ready for a box.

Would it be easier if I just order 2 new sa12 dvc 4ohm speakers and a amp so that I can run at 1ohm. That's actually how I ended up with skar stuff because when I was going to order the 2 4ohm sa12s it was cheaper to get the evl12s that were rated higher

I can sell the sa12 dvc 2ohm I have on eBay easy for $150 bucks it's damn near brand new cpl weeks old running like 500w tops to it.

I only ask because I'm don't know about running @2ohms or @0.5ohms seems all more expensive.

You’re going to need good electrical anyway so .5 ohm won’t be more expensive because you’ll have better woofers and if you didn’t get a bro deal on ur current sa you will lose on the resell. Call skat and ask them if the rp will run .5 ohm. Worse case scenario you send it back...again:) any reputable Korean board should do .5 ohm. Better to have good electrical from the got go and good equipment (subs) versus moving to subs that may not be as good as the sa’s on a amp that you may end up going bigger. You say you won’t now, it you will

Let's say I have a 3k w amp(not even thinking about buying that big but for instance) and that single sa12 could I have underpowered a large amp if only pushing a much smaller speaker?

Guess another way to word it would be does the speaker itself factor into how many amperes the amp pulls from my electrical system?
No, the speaker doesn't matter unless it can't handle the power and you have to turn it down. A 3kw amp will give you 1.5kw-2kw after rise

You’re going to need good electrical anyway so .5 ohm won’t be more expensive because you’ll have better woofers and if you didn’t get a bro deal on ur current sa you will lose on the resell. Call skat and ask them if the rp will run .5 ohm. Worse case scenario you send it back...again:) any reputable Korean board should do .5 ohm. Better to have good electrical from the got go and good equipment (subs) versus moving to subs that may not be as good as the sa’s on a amp that you may end up going bigger. You say you won’t now, it you will

In that case I'm just going to keep what I have.

Single Sa12 and a power accoustic 5chan amp that has the 5th Chan being 750w for a sub.

If I don't buy anything else I won't be buying something that I might not like.

One day someone will make a ton of money off an app that can tell you exactly what is needed to power specific amps. Then give you list of exactly what to buy so any idiot can do it unlike me lol

Wtf?. Dont think youre downgrading from a pair of evls when purchasing Sa's... Sundown subs are something. It sounds like you want something reasonably simple and durable. Pair of 12's... anything else is a waste of funds imo for your needs.
Get your electrical done and power those Sa's... sounds like you have a plan for electrical already... personally I'd wire to .5 on a quality 2.5-3k... but that's me
But don't quote me about wiring down if for whatever reason an amp fails... the quality makes the difference... don't cheap out.
Some open up @ .5... I have to work hard to get mine past 30degrees C and it thermals at 40C and I'm in Az.
Just realize that you will pay more for quality. I like anything that does rated... yes... but the ability to wire down is golden if you want an amp to deliver real power according to its rating .
Any other amp will require electrical in that power range so decide... 2foam or .5.
Either way 2k might not cut it... maybe 2k clamped... lol
You'll see...
Car audio... should have stuck to drugs... cheaper overall.

Make sure the box designer is on board with your plans... anyone can build a box (except gramps) but is it for your power and vehicle?
Electrical 1st always.
Enclosure will make or break everything tho... be clear on your goals.
5ch amp?.. 5th ch for the Sa?
Good luck with that I'm sure you will be underwhelmed... ha... power acoustic...omg... really?

Wtf?. Dont think youre downgrading from a pair of evls when purchasing Sa's... Sundown subs are something. It sounds like you want something reasonably simple and durable. Pair of 12's... anything else is a waste of funds imo for your needs.
Get your electrical done and power those Sa's... sounds like you have a plan for electrical already... personally I'd wire to .5 on a quality 2.5-3k... but that's me
But don't quote me about wiring down if for whatever reason an amp fails... the quality makes the difference... don't cheap out.
Some open up @ .5... I have to work hard to get mine past 30degrees C and it thermals at 40C and I'm in Az.
Just realize that you will pay more for quality. I like anything that does rated... yes... but the ability to wire down is golden if you want an amp to deliver real power according to its rating .
Any other amp will require electrical in that power range so decide... 2foam or .5.
Either way 2k might not cut it... maybe 2k clamped... lol
You'll see...
Car audio... should have stuck to drugs... cheaper overall.

Make sure the box designer is on board with your plans... anyone can build a box (except gramps) but is it for your power and vehicle?
Electrical 1st always.
Enclosure will make or break everything tho... be clear on your goals.
5ch amp?.. 5th ch for the Sa?
Good luck with that I'm sure you will be underwhelmed... ha... power acoustic...omg... really?

Paid $50 for it at a pawn shop couple months back it's fine. Just gonna save my money thx again.

Paid $50 for it at a pawn shop couple months back it's fine. Just gonna save my money thx again.
well then you paid a dollar per watt based on what that sub channel is likely going to put out. Don’t overthink it. Half a dozen people here have confirmed your sa12 is legit and that you can’t go wrong with improving your electrical. Don’t risk having a single sub enclosure made that you have to give away when you realize one twelve was underwhelming and your amp is brutal. When there is resistance to all channels that fifth will probably put our 250 watts max which would make an sa8 laugh.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.