Sub doesn't play when my car is moving

Sheldork

CarAudio.com Newbie
I recently installed a sub and amp into my sister's car, its a 2002 Chevy blazer it has a stock stereo. I installed a line output converter because there were no RCA connections and I wired the remote wire to a wire that said it was 12v on a website's wiring diagram (I can post it if needed). And the sub sounds great but for some reason, it only works when the car is stopped it doesn't need to be in park it just needs to be stopped. I'm assuming it my remote wire but I don't know where to wire it now. If I could get any help that would be great, this was my first installation so I'm a real noob.

Just lmk, I know crap like this can be frustrating. You may have tapped into a source that turns off when the vehicle is in motion, for whatever reason.
So I was just watching a few videos to make sure I knew what I was doing, and I see that there's a piece everyone uses that just attaches to fuses and leads a wire (It's called a fuse tap). Should I buy one of those and wire it to a fuse, or were you talking about something different?

Last edited:
Go for a drive together and have one of you look at the amp when it stops playing. If the amp powers down it could be remote. If the amp stays on your remote is working. Does it matter how fast you are going or any motion at all?

Go for a drive together and have one of you look at the amp when it stops playing. If the amp powers down it could be remote. If the amp stays on your remote is working. Does it matter how fast you are going or any motion at all?
Well that's what I was going to check (I'm just waiting for her to get home) but the sub just completely cuts out when you start driving, like when she come to a complete stop you can hear the sub turn on.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...