RAMROD's Build thread - Dodge Charger

Its going to rattle a bit, but you can deal with that cover later on that issue,but will help protect those rears from a beat down and having to replace sooner than expected.Anything to help from sharing the same airspace will help protect them

Think it would kill any kind of Mid Bass from them? Or does it even matter from the Rear. That Passenger rear 6x9 won't have much room at all once the Port is in place.
Its like with any speaker..preperations/placement ect. is what makes them shine/sound so much better than a standard install from factory in more cases than any.Right now those 6x9s are FREE AIR so to speak,utilizing the truck space to perform.Now that you are adding to that air space/sharing,.I heard alot of difference with capping my 6x9s off and gained better sound/response from them, as well as protected them/lasted.With that substage, you will not be able to hear the rear stage as much, for sure, but thats where tuning will come in for you also.Not to over power the front stage, but to blend in and get that surround sound affect that is really nice

I see you taking so much time and effort within your system,along goes with the expense, that I just hate to see you finding yourself replacing /buying another set of rears in the future, is the reason I brought this up to protect them, and from my past experiences,and digging back into my pockets for something that was so simple to do .

I guess I can start with those Hard plastic Baffles and worse case I can build off of them with fiberglass to enlarge the baffles.

Would adding poly fill to the Baffles help any?

I guess I can start with those Hard plastic Baffles and worse case I can build off of them with fiberglass to enlarge the baffles.
Would adding poly fill to the Baffles help any?
Im not sure on that question..Ive never tried,though I have had the wood boxes that came with polyfor a pair of 6x9s and the poly fill got rid of the echo responses from the wood enclosure as I tried with and without. Ive never tried or heard with plastics.Never hurts to experiment if you have some lying around

Look what I got a Picture of in an E-Mail from ToolMaker Metalwerks...

unnamed_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Would installing the Rear Deck Panel under it help? I would still need to cut a hole for the Port.. Think it might deflect enough pressure? I could put some closed cell foam around the hole of the port to kind of seal it off better.
Best pictures I have right now.

With Panel...

20150131_205947.jpg

Without...

20150131_210513.jpg
i have my rear under panel guarding my 6*9's and they still get distorted sound form the subs in my trunk. the pressure doesnt allow the 6*9's to work properly. unless you totally seal them off. either ni a wood box fitted around them or some other way they will eventually sound like trash.

Sounds like I have no choice then to get some 6x9 baffles for them then. Not a huge deal since they are not expensive.

Thanks for the tip guys. Right now my Rear 6x9's are over powering my Front stage... With no seat and the rear deck cover (top) isn't on... All that will change, specially when those front doors get hooked to my new AMP.

Didn't get much done today.. My 8g Wire came in. So I wired up my American Bass XR12 Dual 2 ohm down to 1 ohm.

20150502_2134532.jpg

Also mounted the LED Strip from Diode Dynamics..

20150502_212037_1.jpg

20150502_2119172.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.