Mom's little grocery getter

Participant count
  • Participant list

shredder1
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
AZ
Just a quick peek at my latest little project that turned into a ground-pounder jr... It goes low,loud and it's a little insane on those grocery trips!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLAHphUank4 ...

It is now functional and since I've been absent from car audio since the late 90's...

Quality of gear must have gotten a lot more capable and affordable!

In 1997 I ran 2 100HC Audio Art driving 2 CV Stroker 15D2 and hit around 151 normally...

Let me tell you... I only hooked it up temporarily with a single 0 ga from the ANL to battery...

Turned it up a little to adjust x-over, gains etc...etc...and WOW... LOWZ!

This creation of mine goes LOW! These 12's easily exceed the Stroker's low frequency response!..

So... I tried a little 50-60 hz for the hell of it and...WOW...OW!..

Ear-o-meter said 150 db easy... Rearview mirror agrees... It's tight and took about 2 sec to point straight down!... Once I run the second 0 ga to the ANL I'll be comfortable turning it up!

Unreal how far equipment has progressed!

3 EVL 12" Skar Audio

2 CAB 1600.1 strapped @ 2.66 ohm

250A alt with all 0 GA (dual runs under car to amps

Pair 4x6 & Pair 6 1/2 coax

Kenwood head

Cache preamp/EQ

Tuned to 32 hz

1997 Chevy Blazer S-10

Just one question: How the hell can you hear anything, mids/tweets, when your running 2 amps to subs and no amp for the sorryass coaxiles?

Ohhhh I just realized your from SMD forum D'oh!! (Don't think I'll be going back to that place again)

Why bash the guys system? So he doesn't have components. I'm sure you have heard of a budget before.
@shredder1 Have you got any videos of it playing? I went thru your vids on youtube but didn't see any of it playing. Install looks good and let the haters hate. :toast:

Yes I do have a 2 ch for my highs... Yes I am on another forum as well... Yes, It sounds great...

What a difference 10 years or so of progress has made!

[quote name='sherwood71']Why bash the guys system? So he doesn't have components. I'm sure you have heard of a budget before.
@shredder1 Have you got any videos of it playing? I went thru your vids on youtube but didn't see any of it playing. Install looks good and let the haters hate. :toast:[/QUOTE]

Yes I do have demos on my channel... only with my old system (3 re audio, 1 CAB, 2 ch and 2 pair coax on stock electrical) I had a bad ischemic stroke 10 months ago and I've had to relearn everything from walking to using a toothbrush and hand tools can be a challenge. This current system is +150 easy and I am very pleased.
I will demo it soon on video. I am 50... an ex IASCA competitor... and have been around.... This time it's really something...demo time!

Put to it on the meter. Rear view mirror points down in 2seconds on a 140db system... a 150db system will break the mirror off and hopefully not chip the glass in the process. You should prly just take the mirror off.

[quote name='sherwood71']Why bash the guys system? So he doesn't have components. I'm sure you have heard of a budget before.
@shredder1 Have you got any videos of it playing? I went thru your vids on youtube but didn't see any of it playing. Install looks good and let the haters hate. :toast:[/QUOTE]

Wasn't bashing...just tryna figure out how he can hear music with lots of wattage on his subs.

Been tryin' for 1 hour to set up a meet to meter it... Phoenix has meters I'm sure but I'm having trouble locating one... This ain't no low to mid 140 db build... its hittin' really good and subbin' hard!

Maybe I'll get lucky tomorrow because my first choice shop is closed today.

Put to it on the meter. Rear view mirror points down in 2seconds on a 140db system... a 150db system will break the mirror off and hopefully not chip the glass in the process. You should prly just take the mirror off.
My Anarchy mids make my mirror point down. See what the meter says. Looks like a good job putting it together and as long as you like it I wouldnt get to hung up on numbers . I know its fun to get metered to at least know where you are at. Good luck.

Thanks... I know that the mirror doesn't mean much but I do feel a lot more pressure and since I've sealed the cabin deadened the roof and upgraded the electrical I'd like to know where I am SPL-wise I've had a 150+ system before and this sure feels like a lot more...

Thanks... I know that the mirror doesn't mean much but I do feel a lot more pressure and since I've sealed the cabin deadened the roof and upgraded the electrical I'd like to know where I am SPL-wise I've had a 150+ system before and this sure feels like a lot more...
i've also heard a lot of 148 and 149 that are waaaaay more painful than 150 and 160 db setups... bass is wierd that way. Like literally been in a 163 db capable car where it just gave me a headache but i was not anywhere close to tapping out. While theres a 149 db setup that almost got me tapping because that sh*t was utterly painful.

i've also heard a lot of 148 and 149 that are waaaaay more painful than 150 and 160 db setups... bass is wierd that way. Like literally been in a 163 db capable car where it just gave me a headache but i was not anywhere close to tapping out. While theres a 149 db setup that almost got me tapping because that sh*t was utterly painful.
Ya I get that too and it is weird, My old setup was one team 18 on 7k and did 148 sealed and in some ways the bass was more hurtfull than now with two teams on 15k doing 152.6. I did raise tuning from 30 to 36 though and I am assuming that is a lot of it as its not hitting as low but is a little more musical for a daily driver.

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

Ya I get that too and it is weird, My old setup was one team 18 on 7k and did 148 sealed and in some ways the bass was more hurtfull than now with two teams on 15k doing 152.6. I did raise tuning from 30 to 36 though and I am assuming that is a lot of it as its not hitting as low but is a little more musical for a daily driver.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.