RAMROD's Build thread - Dodge Charger

New 2nd Battery mount I just made.. The first just felt and didn't look as good as I hoped..

Thoughts? I'm not to good with wood and never stained anything before, but I'm proud of myself.

7fbea7e2-e8ae-481c-b8cc-83f0ee516e53_zpsfhsppphz.jpg

00b0acfb-8b41-44ab-97ad-91b14d6f7f6a_zpscfepodv4.jpg

Slowly getting work done, But it's getting there. Will be getting a lot of work done this week as I need to get my back seat back in...lol

Amp Mount is installed..

20151214_181301_zpsbb2gfhqg.jpg

Now the Amp mounted up.. I will make a Wall with a Window to hide everything but the amp.

20151214_185857_zpsoaef1ujq.jpg

Wire ran for 2nd Battery and Amp

20151214_184833_zpspzqlww9j.jpg

All the wire from the 2nd Battery to the Amp

20151214_184004_zpsgokka6fa.jpg

Ok All Hooked up and Bumping...

Even with everything I have. 2nd Battery, 2x Zero Gauge from 240a Mechman to Main AGM. Big 3 Done with Zero gauge as well.

I'm still getting flicker from my lights...

Ok All Hooked up and Bumping...
Even with everything I have. 2nd Battery, 2x Zero Gauge from 240a Mechman to Main AGM. Big 3 Done with Zero gauge as well.

I'm still getting flicker from my lights...
Our mopars need two runs from alt to battery since 0 gauge is our stock size

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Our mopars need two runs from alt to battery since 0 gauge is our stock size
I do, I ran 00 welding wire on top of the factories 0 from the Alt to Battery with two 250a Fuses in line.

The gain is 3/4 the way up at the Amp and 1/2 on the remote knob. Couldn't even get the Sub to move till it was 1/2 way...

Got all the LED's ran and all that is left in the trunk to do is the false wall over the Amp. I still have access to my Spare tire too.

20160416_212428_zpscukzzmg0.jpg

20160416_212434_zpsdbb6fsi0.jpg

Had to make some O-Rings here to keep them apart. This is one thing American Bass needs to change. The POS/NEG are right by each other. Would be nice of the Remote was in the Middle.

20160416_191656_zpsx1uoa1qz.jpg

20160416_191632_zps3crvue1a.jpg

The Amp glows pretty good, can't wait to get it behind a window.

20160416_191645_zpsgqyfd2yf.jpg

The company who made these LEDs told me they could be cut down but the left over would be wasted and not wired again...WRONG, Simple razor blade and solder worked perfect.

20160416_190828_zpsgg7tdk27.jpg

Bad news is I've got to pull my Subwoofer out and clean the Window. The **** Blue LEDs shows everything...I might be able to reach it through the Port. I haven't silicone it in yet.

the head light flickering is somewhat hard to get rid of in these cars. ive had friends with mopars having huge problemms gettin rid of flickering even with 1000 watts.

even the slightest drop in voltage will cause a dimming in these lx's. smething ive never dealt with in chevy. soon as i got a charger ive had all types of electrical things going on including dimming. i just deal with it now.

the head light flickering is somewhat hard to get rid of in these cars. ive had friends with mopars having huge problemms gettin rid of flickering even with 1000 watts. even the slightest drop in voltage will cause a dimming in these lx's. smething ive never dealt with in chevy. soon as i got a charger ive had all types of electrical things going on including dimming. i just deal with it now.
Thank the canbus system for that.

Im thinking of going hid but with a dedicated power line so the system doesnt have control over the lights.

Ok starting to really really like this set up now. Went over to a buddies house to drop something off. Went to show him my set up and told him my thoughts on it. Well he adjusted my amp and WOW did it make a difference. Main thing was my freq. was set to high.

Before it seemed like Songs I knew had bass just didn't hit like it should. Well now those songs have came to life.

I've still have to seal my front doors, Install my door speakers and Dash Speakers. Going to run my Doors off that Smaller NVX Amp.

Some good news on my Avin USA Headunit. He is working on a more powerful unit. Said it will be 4x stronger. As soon as it's done he will be sending me a new unit...

Huge thanks to CSCStang on the Box, Man it really is pounding now. I'll shoot some Video this week and post it. Always sounds like **** on Video thou.

---------- Post added at 04:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 AM ----------

Thank the canbus system for that.
Im thinking of going hid but with a dedicated power line so the system doesnt have control over the lights.

Look into LED lights. Cheaper and easier to set up. I believe they don't run as hot either.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.