FEATURED Hooptie Scion TC build

Shell is done.... Just have to do the front baffle tomorrow and figure out the port size and top or center. All the trim pieces to seal up the sides and top can wait until it's cooler outside. :ROFLMAO:

shell done.jpg

Driver side should meter best, if you don't care about competing I don't think you'd notice the difference sitting in it.

Nah I don't care about numbers. I think top is going to be best for me. Just trying to figure out sizing of it now. Seems everything I do it wants a super long port.

Alright so my internal specs are

41" wide
26" tall in front
27" deep.

Port is going to have to be at the middle/top.

An 8"x28" x 23" long port would be 224" but also tuned at 35hz. That would also be 5" from the back wall sitting flush in the 1.5" thick baffle. :confused:

Can't seem to get anything that is going to work that's tuned around 32 and that works with my dimensions.... :cautious:

41" wide
26" tall in front
27" deep.

An 8"x28" x 23" long port would be 224" but also tuned at 35hz. That would also be 5" from the back wall sitting flush in the 1.5" thick baffle. :confused:

Can't seem to get anything that is going to work that's tuned around 32 and that works with my dimensions.... :cautious:
Tired Ryan Connolly GIF by Film Riot

41" wide
26" tall in front
27" deep.

What about in the middle just above the front seats? In between the seats?

Dammned.. How are your rear shocks holding up so far? I bet she sitting a little low by now. Subs in she deff be sitting low man
It's on coil overs so I can adjust them if I need to.
What about in the middle just above the front seats? In between the seats?

That's the problem. 44" wide total with two 18s doesn't leave much room in the middle. :confused:

I'm cutting the front baffle now so I can see in person what I am working with. Hopefully I can come up with something. It's either going to be tuned higher than I want or less port area than I should have unfortunately. We will see but I am pretty disappointed right now.:cautious:

It's on coil overs so I can adjust them if I need to.

That's the problem. 44" wide total with two 18s doesn't leave much room in the middle. :confused:

I'm cutting the front baffle now so I can see in person what I am working with. Hopefully I can come up with something. It's either going to be tuned higher than I want or less port area than I should have unfortunately. We will see but I am pretty disappointed right now.:cautious:
Screaming Season 8 GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

6x34" x 22.8" long tunes to 33hz and 204" of port. Which I can make work. BUT I'm assuming WinISD is meaning INTERNAL size of port. So adding in for wood 3/4" each side and I don't think I can fit it. :rolleyes:

port .jpg

6x34" x 22.8" long tunes to 33hz and 204" of port. Which I can make work. BUT I'm assuming WinISD is meaning INTERNAL size of port. So adding in for wood 3/4" each side and I don't think I can fit it. :rolleyes:

View attachment 52616
What about 2- 3" Aero-Ports?Or?3-2.50? or couple 4" ? Im not a box builder or? Just throwing it out there man 👀 👀 👀

Last edited:
I got it figured out. 6x32 x22 long. On the smaller side of port area at 192"(14" per cube) but tunes me at 33hz.

I was thinking hard on Aeroports but the smallest I could do would have been eight 6" or four 8" aeros.

Today I will be building the port and TRYING to wire everything up. Will I get it all done today.. Probably not. :ROFLMAO:
baffle.jpg

Last edited:
Baffle is "done" but the port needs more work. I can't get it angled enough to not hit the top of the wall. Might work on it tomorrow but might just put the car back together since I have to go back to work Monday. I can always work on it after I get off work this week. Honestly I'm tired and it's hot as hell outside. Plus it's rained the last few afternoons putting me at a standstill. Oh well.
baffle in.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...