FEATURED Hooptie Scion TC build

Shell is done.... Just have to do the front baffle tomorrow and figure out the port size and top or center
You must have at least a little bit of OCD. Watching those marker lines and screw hole spacing is so satisfying.
I'm cutting the front baffle now so I can see in person what I am working with. Hopefully I can come up with something. It's either going to be tuned higher than I want or less port area than I should have unfortunately. We will see but I am pretty disappointed right now
OK, weird idea but hear me out. Audiobaun's comment reminded me of some box builds that have the port sticking out the box. Could work.

You must have at least a little bit of OCD. Watching those marker lines and screw hole spacing is so satisfying.

OK, weird idea but hear me out. Audiobaun's comment reminded me of some box builds that have the port sticking out the box. Could work.

Actually my first time using the "grid" pattern to put screws in. I didn't take my time on it but it still was a good idea.

Yeah unfortunately the seats would hit the port if I extended it outside the box.

I actually had the slide in port built and done but could not angle it enough to get it in the baffle. Think I will probably just rebuild the port to be 45*.

port 2.jpg

Got the battery and Ruthless 4 channel in temporarily. Seats and center console are back in.

The battery is going to be flipped so the negative is to the passenger side.

AFTER I put a set of anti vibration mounts where one of the 4500s was going to go I'm thinking now I'm going to build/buy an angled amp rack and mount them higher so I can slide the battery to the back of the box and gain more trunk space.

rear.jpg

Last edited:
I cannot wrap my head around how a slide port would work. Looks good though.

Hole in the baffle is larger than the port. Make a flange on the front of the port. The port flange gets mounted with weather-stripping and screws instead of wood glue so it can be removed and tweak tuning. My main reasoning was just easier install of the front baffle.

I see. How about dividing the port by 2 and putting a slot port on each side?

The port is already as small as I should go and takes up the whole front baffle. I cant go any wider due to the rear of the box getting smaller. No space for two. 45* cutting the port will probably be my only option.

Last edited:
Hole in the baffle is larger than the port. Make a flange on the front of the port. The port flange gets mounted with weather-stripping and screws instead of wood glue so it can be removed and tweak tuning. My main reasoning was just easier install of the front baffle.

The port is already as small as I should go and takes up the whole front baffle. I cant go any wider due to the rear of the box getting smaller. No space for two. 45* cutting the port will probably be my only option.
My head hurts.. Im not picturing it yet. Give me a day or two. Interested in how this turns out man.

Modified port fits. Had a couple hours after work to mess with it.

I now remember why I never wanted to buy heavy subs again....

port in.jpg

The subwoofer terminals are too small for double 8 gauge. Going to have to make ghetto direct leads.
one sub in.jpg

Hopefully tomorrow I can build a center box brace, port brace, and wire the subs up. Might be able to get at least one amp hooked up. We will see....

Ya man.. Ill bet those 18s are heavy as Hell. My sacks would be dragged up without a doubt.
If I had do that by myself. Id prob have to place a couple of threaded bolts /Tnuts or?all the way through to catch the basket and through a washer and nut on just to set those jokers by myself. Those got to be some heavy jokers there on that pitch.Toss that front seat right out!! LOL Give me some laying room !! :LOL: :LOL: 😚😚..:poop: tAKE YOUR TIME MAN!!

Decided to wire up my amps today.
Came up 3' short on black and 2' short on red 1/0.... :rolleyes: So I gotta make another order from Knukonceptz.
Ran out of wire ferrules for the 1/0.
Waiting on my anti vibration mounts for the top 4500 to show up still.
amps mounted.jpg

amps in.jpg

Order placed from VTE warehouse to get more ring terminal covers and some 200 amp fuses to replace some of my 350 amps.
Knukonceptz order placed for 5' of red and black 1/0.
Wire ferrules and more heat shrink ordered.

If anyone knows of a good place to order box carpet let me know. I should have carpeted it before installing everything but I'm retarded. 😎

Last edited:
Wiring "done" and amps gain matched. Set at 75 volts AC clean 40hz -5db. I don't remember the formula to determine wattage. :unsure:

done.jpg

Both subs are in and it's playing. I'm tired and have to be back at work at 4am tomorrow so I'll play them on the way in.
done 2.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...