FEATURED Hooptie Scion TC build

wooooood.jpg

Ouch....
ouch.jpg

Ya man. Wood is getting out of hand and materials as well. That Last hurricane that came through your location prob brought prices up as well as most places state low inventory when they actually have chit in stock in massive amounts, but blame Mother Nature for the increase in product. Gas ,food ect. Its always a game to stick it to a customer. Two cans of latex(Not Oil Based) exterior paint in my area was $137 bucks the other day,even 5gal. would usually be cheaper per gal, was approx $2 bucks more per gal.?? WTF ya know? LOL

Ya man. Wood is getting out of hand and materials as well. That Last hurricane that came through your location prob brought prices up as well as most places state low inventory when they actually have chit in stock in massive amounts, but blame Mother Nature for the increase in product. Gas ,food ect. Its always a game to stick it to a customer. Two cans of latex(Not Oil Based) exterior paint in my area was $137 bucks the other day,even 5gal. would usually be cheaper per gal, was approx $2 bucks more per gal.?? WTF ya know? LOL

Yeah I remember MDF being $30 a sheet and fake birch being $45 some years ago. Seems the "covid prices" never really went down. MDF is now $60 and "Birch" is $85.

I miss the old days. :confused:

My old ass screwed up my wrist picking up these heavy sheets of plywood so I had to take it easy today.

Floor done... Everything will be doubled. Pretty much winging it on design. When I get the sides up I can see where I will be with cubic feet. Kinda hard to do before I start building it with the shape of the interior. Still have not decided on driver side port or center port like I normally do.

I'm sure all the experts will come in with their opinions AFTER it's built like always. :ROFLMAO:

floor.jpg

All wiring ran to very back. Amps and battery used to be behind seats.
View attachment 52521

View attachment 52522

Getting the floor in was fun...

View attachment 52523

View attachment 52524

View attachment 52525
Hopefully your Fuel Pump doesnt go out any time soon 🤪 🤪 👀👀:poop:!! Ya man. I can relate to that flooring. Ill bet that heavy azzed piece was fun to lift and maneuver by yourself. Takes some time and cursing on my end. Ive had to cut one in half and seal the seam back with Locktight and some deck screws

Hopefully your Fuel Pump doesnt go out any time soon 🤪 🤪 👀👀:poop:!! Ya man. I can relate to that flooring. Ill bet that heavy azzed piece was fun to lift and maneuver by yourself. Takes some time and cursing on my end. Ive had to cut one in half and seal the seam back with Locktight and some deck screws

Luckily the floor does not sit flush over the fuel pump access hole so I would be able to cut out a square to get to it. I'll probably have to do that with the top though as it's going to be way too heavy to hold up. Guess I'll be figuring that out today. :poop: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...