FEATURED Hooptie Scion TC build

Its been 100*-106* here in Dallas ,Tx areas with Heat index in upwards of 114* and some. Been a bit Miserable after 11am up until like 9pm 😩 😩 😩

The older I get the more I can't take the heat anymore. I want to move up north some but I also hate cold :ROFLMAO:

Got to work at 3:30 this morning and it was already miserable outside.

It's pitch black dark outside and still hot. :poop:
weather.jpg

Yinlongs finally came back in stock but they are now $96 more...
80AH bars ordered from Jims.

Now I just need $300 in wire and $300 in wood. :ROFLMAO: :poop:

View attachment 51594

View attachment 51595
I've got YingLong 40s here for 50 each, though I guess it's a little late now.
I posted a FS thread a while back, I bought as much LTO as I had spare cash for at the time before the big mid-COVID freight surcharges hit. Those other re-sellers must have bought in big if they're only just now raising prices. Cell price has been pretty flat the last couple years but shipping is going nowhere but up.

though I guess it's a little late now.
I've got YingLong 40s here for 50 each, though I guess it's a little late now.

I posted a FS thread a while back, I bought as much LTO as I had spare cash for at the time before the big mid-COVID freight surcharges hit. Those other re-sellers must have bought in big if they're only just now raising prices. Cell price has been pretty flat the last couple years but shipping is going nowhere but up.

Yeah I remember your thread but didn’t think you had anymore. I wasn’t happy with the price going up but I was waiting a couple months for them to come back in stock and figured I would just get them before they were out of stock again. If I go to 120ah I’ll hit you up.

Second set of Yinlongs and 80ah bars came in. These cells came from Sriko and they were way closer in voltage(all at 2.2/2.1 volts) than the "XS power" Yinlong cells I got from DroppinHertz.

2nd bank.jpg

More wire ordered. All just to extend my wiring from behind the front seats to the back of the wall. :ROFLMAO:

All I should need is wood now IIRC. I took 9 days of vacation time this month so I should be able to start building.

knu  CA copy.jpg

Last edited:
7 months later my Smart Bass 5k is fixed and waiting on Taramps to approve/decline the warranty.

I asked Mark what he thought went wrong with it.

Crazy thing is I never clipped this amp not even once, had perfect voltage 100% of the time, and wired at 0.67 ohm which the amp is rated at 0.5 ohm. :unsure: :confused:

Mark amp problem.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...