FEATURED Hooptie Scion TC build

Popwarhomie
5,000+ posts

Team Lethal Pressure
Central FL
So here is my hooptie 2011 Scion TC build. Goal is low 50s under $3k total. Six 12s on 5k.

2011 Scion TC 6 speed.
TC.jpg

Cheap 3 way active headunit.
TC headunit.jpg

SQ 100x4
TC SQ amp.jpg

PRV 8s and Timpano tweeters.
TC speakers.jpg

Smart Bass 5k at .66ohm.
TC taramps.jpg

Autotech 320 amp alt. OEM battery still in but unhooked ground.
TC alt.jpg

40ah of yinlong lithium.
TC lithium.jpg

Box being built. Been like 5 years since I built a box..... 14.32 cubes gross. 11.74 cubes net. 8.86" of port per cube tuned to 28hz. Was told to go small on port area with these cheap subs.
box.jpg

Subs. Black Diamond DIA-R12D2s. Paid $69 each.
TC subs.jpg

TC box done.jpg

Last edited:
I like this! I set the same budget for my demo car build doing 2 15’s in a “wall” (really a box In the back with side and top plates to contour to look like a wall). Best part about a setup like this is if you blow a sub it’s $69 for a new one and don’t even have to bother with a recone 😂🤣. Throw em right in the garbage lmao.

I like this! I set the same budget for my demo car build doing 2 15’s in a “wall” (really a box In the back with side and top plates to contour to look like a wall). Best part about a setup like this is if you blow a sub it’s $69 for a new one and don’t even have to bother with a recone 😂🤣. Throw em right in the garbage lmao.

Exactly. Unfortunately due to inflation the subs are now $100 each... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Busted my ass in this 90* weather and got it playing. Gain is all the way down on the amp and it's pretty impressive so far.

Single baffle but I have alot of window bracing inside.

TC box done.jpg

TC bracing.jpg

One day of having an LC1 again and I hate it so much. The noise introduced from 1/4-3/8 gain on the knob is awful. Ordered my favorite EFX RLC knob today. My lithium is pretty close to my Taramps amp and the runs are super short, the welding cable didn't want to flex nicely so I wasn't happy with how it looked. Ordered some Knukonceptz 1/0 OFC to redo them.

Sunroof is making some god awful rattle so I gotta figure that one out. I hate sunroofs so much...

Gotta get some carpet to wrap the box as well...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...