Building Subs

kraudio12
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
CP, Indiana
I know there are alot of guys on here who recone and rebuilt and create their own subs and i was just looking into and wondering if anyone on her could point me in the right direction for basic information

questions i have

How do you determine the spiders used?

Where do most get these parts to create their own spiders and soft parts?

Also how do you determine the amount of power the new created sub can handle is it based on a combination of motor strength and softparts?

Sorry if these questions seem redundant

if you break down ur questions more i would be more than glad to help. too basic and i dont wanna write a book,lol...
Not to thread Jack, but I'm planning on building a custom sub myself.

Just wondering, if you have a strong motor, with soft spiders, can you get away with minimal power?

Ex: I have a TRF motor, I only have 2000 watts. I know that they can take 3000 daily, can I rebuild this sub with different soft parts to be as loud as it was with 3000 watts and oem parts? I'm sure I'm missing something fundamental...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.