building a system for my c5 corvette.. some help would be awesome

Id recommend a Kenwood/JVC HU on the budget side.. mainly JVC. They are owned by Kenwood now and the same model of Kenwood will be as the JVC and the JVC will be a bit cheaper, but same unit. I like Sonic Electronix to buy my HUs from or Crutchfield as they usually give free installation kits on most units, and have excellent customer service and reliability. Id look for a Min. of 2 sets of RCAs/3 would be a bonus of 4-5v, with Low Pass high Pass option, and the other options that you like or need. I wouldnt worry too much on a Time Alignment setting for that car, If the unit has it? Its would be a bonus. Find something thats within your budget, and needs. there are some really nice choices out there for under $300 bucks and Ive even been happy with some plain jane units less than $130 bucks believe it or not. I like simplicity. Touch screens drive me nuts. Finger prints on them constantly and wiping them down.UUgh! but nice. do you have Pods for the tweeters you have? Id use them if you can. Alpine make some nice tweets that sound very clean. are the kicker tweets soft dome or metal/alum/titanium? I( like my older KS25 tweets. Pick your Hu out and lets go from there..Im thiunking you are going to need more power on the amplifier side for keeping up with the 15 for front stage. Im thinking 125-200 rms be perfect.
You can always try an Aero-Port for the sub to see if you enjoy it more than sealed. if you do not , you can simply make a square plug to seal it back up without having to make a new enclosure, and can be removed to add the aero port back in again later if you want?
I think I just wrote a Novel 🤣 🤣:poop:

Id recommend a Kenwood/JVC HU on the budget side.. mainly JVC. They are owned by Kenwood now and the same model of Kenwood will be as the JVC and the JVC will be a bit cheaper, but same unit. I like Sonic Electronix to buy my HUs from or Crutchfield as they usually give free installation kits on most units, and have excellent customer service and reliability. Id look for a Min. of 2 sets of RCAs/3 would be a bonus of 4-5v, with Low Pass high Pass option, and the other options that you like or need. I wouldnt worry too much on a Time Alignment setting for that car, If the unit has it? Its would be a bonus. Find something thats within your budget, and needs. there are some really nice choices out there for under $300 bucks and Ive even been happy with some plain jane units less than $130 bucks believe it or not. I like simplicity. Touch screens drive me nuts. Finger prints on them constantly and wiping them down.UUgh! but nice. do you have Pods for the tweeters you have? Id use them if you can. Alpine make some nice tweets that sound very clean. are the kicker tweets soft dome or metal/alum/titanium? I( like my older KS25 tweets. Pick your Hu out and lets go from there..Im thiunking you are going to need more power on the amplifier side for keeping up with the 15 for front stage. Im thinking 125-200 rms be perfect.
You can always try an Aero-Port for the sub to see if you enjoy it more than sealed. if you do not , you can simply make a square plug to seal it back up without having to make a new enclosure, and can be removed to add the aero port back in again later if you want?

I have a bunch of amp but the sundown and the skar are two highest wattage ones. what amp would be needed to be enough for that skar 15" i thought the sundown would be plenty but the skar amp actually moved that 15" quite a bit more. it made the whole box jump across the table when i tested the two out lol

thanks for the advice on the HU's i do like that sony mentioned above. As for the component speakers.. those CDT's look impressive. i love crisp clear sounds.

i haven't decided on the tweeters yet.

IAM on your side I wish I could have been able to be with in range of your progress on this beautiful life experience project you have given your all in to this beautiful one in a lifetime experience you can say that you have a great abilities of your self esteem you got love good day now

IAM on your side I wish I could have been able to be with in range of your progress on this beautiful life experience project you have given your all in to this beautiful one in a lifetime experience you can say that you have a great abilities of your self esteem you got love good day now
Um... what ???

Well I'm almost done. I ended up using stuff i had on my shelf and only thing i bought for the project was the head unit which ended up being a Sony.

So Skar amp behind the driver seat to power the 15" Skar sub. behind the passenger seat is the Clarion amp that will power the component speakers. The component speakers consist of JL Audio 6.5" in the rear and up front in the doors is a SWS 8" with a Kicker DS 3.5". both these are ran through the JL Audio crossover.

I took out the single din center console and replaced it with the double din console off ebay.. fitment was pretty good and install was easy.

Not sure how it sounds yet and I'm sure it will need some good tuning to get all these different brands what not to blend but for my weekend cruiser.. it will work

Attachments

• 01 spk.jpg
    01 spk.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 4
  • 011 spk.jpg
    011 spk.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 010 spk.jpg
    010 spk.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 3
  • 09 spk.jpg
    09 spk.jpg