need help building a subwoofer box for my subs

Siikdude

CarAudio.com Recruit
Florida
hi there.. so i have 4 x skar zvxv2 d2 subs and i have a jeep wrangler 10' the max diamentions in m jeep is a width 42in x length 26 1/2in would like less like 23 length or less if possible to have some space in my jeep, and the height i can do max 17in or i can do a Wedge Enclosures that measures 18 1/2in length max by 42 width max by back height max 25in and front height max 17in. i have some some models of what i was thinking. but i believe it has to much volume in it ill post it btw i like to listen to trap, rap, dubstep, house music, hiphop, edm

drivers recommendation is as followed by skar audio
Recommended Enclosure Specifications
Recommended Port Area 38.0 in² ,
Recommended Ported Volume 3.00 ft³
,Sealed Volume Not Recommended
Recommended Tuning Frequency 34 Hz

Subwoofer Measurements
Total Height 11.39"
Mounting Depth 9.89"
Magnet Diameter 7.85"
Cut-out Diameter 11.25"
Outside Diameter 12.62"

T/S Parameters
Bl- 21.8 n/a, Fs 44.0 Hz, Re Dual 2 Ω, Sd 510.0 cm2, Cms 0.04 mm/N ,Mms 341.0 gr, Qes 0.50, Qms 6.10, Qts 0.45. Vas 25.6 L. Nref 0.15%. Xmax 29 mm (one-way), Sensitvity 83.7 dB

box max dementions
24 length x 42 width x 25 height back panel with front panel 17 height, or 17 height max
volume displacement of my 4 subs should be 33.84 liters im not 100% sure on this.

this was my initial idea, and the middle has plexiglass.

pictures are in link below

Screenshot_20231224_223932_Samsung_Notes.png
Screenshot_20231226_121426_TeamViewer.jpg

Okay guys iv got it. I believe I'm all set :).. Here's a picture of the internal volume enclosure. Along with the specs and all the bracing inside and port.. The port is at the back upper panel. It's inbewteen my seats headrest so it's not choked off..and the bracing will be window and the sides perhaps windows aswell. If u guys see anything wrong or incorrect on the spreadsheet. Plz let me know I'll appreciate it. And thanks for everyone's help!

What’s the tuning frequency 🤔

Looks good, gonna be fun to build no doubt. Are you using some sort of CAD software or a specific box design software?
I'm using sketchup.. And im inputting the measurements of everything by hand.. And setting everything up.. Right now I'm placing the wood pieces over the internal volume model I had... Then imma place all the individual pieces on a 4x8 layout and see how many sheets I need

Last edited:
I'm using sketchup.. And im inputting the measurements of everything by hand.. And setting everything up.. Right now I'm placing the wood pieces over the internal volume model I had... Then imma place all the individual pieces on a 4x8 layout and see how many sheets I need
Pretty cool stuff. Are you using the free version?

Can i get build build the enclosure With standard Birch 3/4 plywood? Rather than Baltic Birch plywood?.. I have bracing aswell it will be window bacxing and 45s in each corner of the box except the 2 small enclosures in the sides.

Attachments

• 20231231_045617.jpg
    20231231_045617.jpg
    850.5 KB · Views: 11
Yes, any good quality Birch or other furniture grade ply is fine. it has to be furniture/finish grade and preferably 13 ply.

Last edited:
Each panel weighs in at 70lbs, so probably just fewer but thicker plies. At that price, why not MDF? Only a 20lb savings (per 4x8 sheet) and MDF is much easier to work with, cheaper too.

Well i dont mind the price for that wood.. And mdf is soft.. And absorbs humidity a lot faster.. I want something that will last.. Plus I'll be sealing it with either paint.. Or waterproof glue.. Its like a sealent

MDF is very hard, dense, in no way is it soft and ply is just as inclined to pick up moisture. Granted ply will stay intact if saturated where you may have an issue with MDF but MDF is much easier to work with and since you're going to seal them, not an issue either way. . But whatever works, it's all good!

Last edited:
Each panel weighs in at 70lbs, so probably just fewer but thicker plies. At that price, why not MDF? Only a 20lb savings (per 4x8 sheet) and MDF is much easier to work with, cheaper too.
I have a cabinet shop next to my job.. And they are willing to make the box out of Birch for me :)... I was told to gwt Birch bc it's stronger.. And better material.. And because of the air pressure the box will have

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...