Enclosure I'm building for 2 18" Xv2's

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mr Finance

CarAudio.com Newbie
Kentucky
So these are the pics ive taken along the way. I built a similiar box a couple months ago but it has quite a bit of flex so i decided to change some things up. Bottom, front, and back are 1.25" birch, left and right sides are 1" birch and top is 1.5" birch. I made some rings that i will mount to the subs and then mount that to the box because they will be inverted and wanted to ensure the surrounds are safe. I used deadener on the inside for a couple of reasons, just because i had like 50 sq ft laying around from like 10 years ago from a previous project so i put it on the inside just for the sake of overkill, I built this using hand power tools but ended up being really impressed with the tolerances of the panels. but used the deadener just to be sure there are 0 leaks. I also used wood glue mixed with sawdust on all possible areas there could be leaks. Hope you guys enjoy.
IMG_1781.JPG
IMG_1783.JPG
IMG_1782.JPG
IMG_1786.JPG
IMG_1785.JPG
IMG_1788.JPG
IMG_1790.JPG
IMG_1792.JPG
IMG_1793.JPG
IMG_1795.JPG

You cant really tell from the pic but the bracing is painted with a color changing paint, came out really good. There will be led lights hidden inside the box also to enhance the color changing paint. I think it will be pretty cool. Should hopefully be all wrapped and installed up by Wed. theres a competition next weekend and im looking forward to seeing what it meters. The subs are powered by a Salt 4 with solid electrical in the back of the Escalade pictured.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...