Best amp to power an FI “Q” 12??

What version of that Q sub

What box parameters

Upgraded electrical

This info will be important to get a good answer

My 12” FI SSD old ufo looking motor was run on 1500 Rockford Fosgate and that sub was rated either 750 or 1000

18”x21”x18”

Ported

FI “q” 12”

Dual 1 ohm(I think)

Upgrade electrical? None

It’s going behind the passenger seat of a 2018 Ford F-150 supercrew cab. The split rear seat will be folded up.

Which version ..? as in what options does it have... I had a Fi Q with full upgrades before and I ran a 2200w amp to it. 1000w was barely enough to tickle it. No matter what version you have, I would look into upgrading your amp and electricals. The more the better honestly. You can try it out with your jbl amp first and go from there.

I honestly don’t know which brands make high end amps anymore. Back in the day, hifonics, soundstream, Phoenix gold we’re top
That was back then. Now everything has gone china with those mainstream brands. They are not made like how they used to be.

Here’s a good place to start:

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com

Classified section in this forum for used gems

I would also ask bigblank69 as he dynos budget amps and he has no use for them afterwards.

Also ask Louisiana_crx as he is trying to get rid of his huge collection of antique amps lol

Is that a new sub or older model

Big 3 and 1/0 power and ground minimum

I would put the largest AGM Battery I could fit under the hood.

A new truck should have a fairly strong alternator from the factory

Big 3 should cost $50 if you spend wisely

This upgrade augments three key cables in the electrical system with 1/0 or 4 gauge wires: the battery ground to chassis wire, the chassis to engine block wire, and the alternator plus to battery plus wire

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.