Which amp would be best for my single JL 10W7in the red eye box??

Participant count
  • Participant list

KcContractor

CarAudio.com Recruit
Hi everyone, I bought my dream sub on marketplace the other day and need some advice on the best amp to give it the best sound possible.

The sub's RMS is 750w @ 3ohm's but I'm sure it can handle a little more.

One's I've looked at so far are a pre-owned JL HD 750/1, a JL 1000/1, and a Skar RP-1500.1DM, and kicker cxa1200.1

I love JL products but if there's a used amp out there that will kick ass and I'd be happy with I'd love any advice on some models you recommend by any brand.

Thanks

Last edited:
JL HD 750/1 of those two. Lot of money for an amp these days, I'm sorta cheap but can think of several that fall into that kind of money.

Several hundred under the new price for the 750/1, Under $600,

Focal FDP 1.900

DS18 Korean series

Hooligan H-KO 2000

EXL P1500X1D

Rockford Fosgate T-1000

Refurb

And last but the most impressive looking unit for sure!
Stereo Integrity SIQ 1500.1 $419.99

1703740118282.png

Can't go wrong with the JL, but nice to always have options ;)

Damn that looks sexy! I remember seeing a Chinese amp tbat looked exactly like this one but the specs were subpar. I did not know it was imitating a quality brand.
Man I tell ya, that is a N I C E looking amplifier. Si make some very nice gear. I was that Williston vid on the imposter, no comparison when you got into the actual guts. SI is the real deal.

Hi everyone, I bought my dream sub on marketplace the other day and need some advice on the best amp to give it the best sound possible.

The sub's RMS is 750w @ 3ohm's but I'm sure it can handle a little more.

One's I've looked at so far are a pre-owned JL HD 750/1, a JL 1000/1, and a Skar RP-1500.1DM, and kicker cxa1200.1

I love JL products but if there's a used amp out there that will kick ass and I'd be happy with I'd love any advice on some models you recommend by any brand.

Thanks
I would do the HD750/1. I do not like the bass knobs of the Slash series. They control Q instead of Gain.
Thank you

JL HD 750/1 of those two. Lot of money for an amp these days, I'm sorta cheap but can think of several that fall into that kind of money.

Several hundred under the new price for the 750/1, Under $600,

Focal FDP 1.900

DS18 Korean series

Hooligan H-KO 2000

EXL P1500X1D

Rockford Fosgate T-1000

Refurb

And last but the most impressive looking unit for sure!
Stereo Integrity SIQ 1500.1 $419.99

View attachment 55575

Can't go wrong with the JL, but nice to always have options ;)
Thank you very much! I’m ok with used ones or refurbished. Would love to keep the price in the $300 range if possible. Definitely not over 400. Which one would you go with of you?

I currently run an H-KO3. Focal FDP-4.600, HELIX B FOUR (replaced my AC 2.300, ran out of channels on the DM810 DSP unit or i'd used the Helix and the AC) , had daul FPS 2.300's just to big!

I owe allegiance to no one brand!!!!!!

This guy is selling an H-KO for $329

This EXL-p1500 is refurbed at $249.95

BUT... that SI is a piece of art!

I currently run an H-KO3. Focal FDP-4.600, HELIX B FOUR (replaced my AC 2.300, ran out of channels on the DM810 DSP unit or i'd used the Helix and the AC) , had daul FPS 2.300's just to big!

I owe allegiance to no one brand!!!!!!

This guy is selling an H-KO for $329

This EXL-p1500 is refurbed at $249.95

BUT... that SI is a piece of art!
Is the KO going to make my sound better than the EXL? Sorry I just don’t know a ton about picking the right amp I just know I picked a pretty good sub

Actually I ran the EXL P2500.1 then moved up to the H-KO3. Did it for the power at 4 ohms. The information I got about the difference was that they are both Korean designed, built, but that the parts for the EXL are sourced from and built in China. Given your power needs, either would be fine, and that EXL is a refurb from DS18.

these guys (have purchased from them) offer this with a 3 year warranty to.

Last edited:
Actually I ran the EXL P2500.1 then moved up to the H-KO3. Did it for the power at 4 ohms. The information I got about the difference was that they are both Korean designed, built, but that the parts for the EXL are sourced from China. Given your power needs, either would be fine, and that EXL is a refurb from DS18.
Oh ok, awesome. Thanks for the helpful info!

Is the KO going to make my sound better than the EXL? Sorry I just don’t know a ton about picking the right amp I just know I picked a pretty good sub

The more expensive line is built by S&I factory and the cheaper Korean offering is built by Seongsin factory. The S&I version is definitely built better.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...