Do you think the Dayton audio DSP from Parts Express Is any good?

Participant count
  • Participant list
saw this on reddit a week or so ago.. i believe its $100 cheaper via pre order than original price as was spoken through the comments. looks fkn great for what it does at that price tho!

I like the ability to change the slope type to Linkwitz Riley/Butterworth/Bessel however I dont like being limited by a 10 band parametric EQ*however that is per channel so technically 10 EQ bands for sub, midbass, midrange, tweeter so about bands possible total? Might need confirmation on that because that would be fking great.. Also dont like it having max of -24 db slope vs up to 48 db with almost everything else. but on a budget, this sh*t will work great if you have a sh*tty head unit with no adjustment options.

However I dont see this being viable for factory integration whatsover with no De-Equalization and restoration/signal summing. Speaker level outputs are a defnite no on processors that have no ability to do what I just listed. Sound you get is complete and absolute dogsh*t by comparison.

I like the ability to change the slope type to Linkwitz Riley/Butterworth/Bessel however I dont like being limited by a 10 band parametric EQ*however that is per channel so technically 10 EQ bands for sub, midbass, midrange, tweeter so about bands possible total? Might need confirmation on that because that would be fking great.. Also dont like it having max of -24 db slope vs up to 48 db with almost everything else. but on a budget, this sh*t will work great if you have a sh*tty head unit with no adjustment options.
However I dont see this being viable for factory integration whatsover with no De-Equalization and restoration/signal summing. Speaker level outputs are a defnite no on processors that have no ability to do what I just listed. Sound you get is complete and absolute dogsh*t by comparison.
Dang. I was thinking of using this with my Uconnect radio in my Jeep Cherokee, but if it won't help much I'll just stick with my original plan. I'm just having trouble deciding the best place to put a single din in here. It ***** that they integrate so many vehicle features into the factory radio.

Dang. I was thinking of using this with my Uconnect radio in my Jeep Cherokee, but if it won't help much I'll just stick with my original plan. I'm just having trouble deciding the best place to put a single din in here. It ***** that they integrate so many vehicle features into the factory radio.
a cheap option would be a kicker sum8 and the dayton dsp which should land you under 300 dollars and get you a summed flat signal with DSP capabilities.

The other option would be a rockford dsr-1 with a bluetooth dongle and disregarding the factory head unit completely.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.