Your sub choice

Participant count
  • Participants list

LsGuy

Manila Gorilla
Ohio
If you had to pick a single 10 inch sub for a sealed box, with ~800 watts power handling, sealed box up to about .75 cubes, purely for sq, which would you pick? I'm experimenting some and not sure which sub I want to go with.

Cool, but 400W power handling is probably not going to cut it for OP.

I think Dayton has a solid lineup for 800W and small sealed department and would also consider looking at ID. I'd say check out Adire but I'm not sure if they have anything that fits the bill for "small box", might want to see what they suggest and google some reviews from folks who had tried those applications.

Cool, but 400W power handling is probably not going to cut it for OP.

I think Dayton has a solid lineup for 800W and small sealed department and would also consider looking at ID. I'd say check out Adire but I'm not sure if they have anything that fits the bill for "small box", might want to see what they suggest and google some reviews from folks who had tried those applications.

Dayton were the first to mind when I decided I was going to try a sealed setup, certainly still very high on my list. I checked out a couple of Adire. Currently sort of looking into SSA and honestly maybe nvx. No experience with either manufacturer though.

Dayton were the first to mind when I decided I was going to try a sealed setup, certainly still very high on my list. I checked out a couple of Adire. Currently sort of looking into SSA and honestly maybe nvx. No experience with either manufacturer though.
NVX seems borderline flea-market tier. SSA has been solid in the past but not sure how their inventory or lead time is these days.

A lot of their stuff seems to be in stock, though the sub I'm considering doesn't actually say. The power handling is a good chunk less than what I was wanting, but small box and good xmax. It's worth considering I believe.

NVX seems borderline flea-market tier. SSA has been solid in the past but not sure how their inventory or lead time is these days.
True, I’m in at 10 weeks now waiting for my sub from IA which I purchased from SSA. Not speaking negatively on SSA or IA but just prepare yourself for a long wait time.

True, I’m in at 10 weeks now waiting for my sub from IA which I purchased from SSA. Not speaking negatively on SSA or IA but just prepare yourself for a long wait time.
A lot of the actual SSA subs are shown in stock ships same day, but I would probably need to call them about this sub in particular.

A lot of the actual SSA subs are shown in stock ships same day, but I would probably need to call them about this sub in particular.
How can you tell if a particular sub is in stock? Because it lets you actually order it? And where does it says ships same day. I’ve looked but can’t find this info.

How can you tell if a particular sub is in stock? Because it lets you actually order it? And where does it says ships same day. I’ve looked but can’t find this info.

Like this sub here, under SKU.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20210717-105308_Firefox.jpg
    SmartSelect_20210717-105308_Firefox.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 39
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...