Shallow mount vs 8 inch vs radical modification

Those trucks are hard to get loud if you are a true basshead without a blow through or backseat removal. Unfortunately 4 - nice 8's on good power is your best choice.

I'd be willing to bet the 2 sa10v2 I had in my truck was pushing very close to 150 in the mid 40hz range. But I had 3inches of seat lift to fit the 3cube box under the rear seat. Iirc the box was 3.39ft³ before port and sub displacement. So I could fit 4 8s easy but idk if I want to go that big again. The truck is only for towing my RV and gets driven much less these days. So I'm thinking smaller.

I'd be willing to bet the 2 sa10v2 I had in my truck was pushing very close to 150 in the mid 40hz range. But I had 3inches of seat lift to fit the 3cube box under the rear seat. Iirc the box was 3.39ft³ before port and sub displacement. So I could fit 4 8s easy but idk if I want to go that big again. The truck is only for towing my RV and gets driven much less these days. So I'm thinking smaller.

You might have been in the low 140's at best. It's almost impossible to touch 150 with an under the seat box in a crew cab. You could always go with four SA 6-½'s or two X8's on a Sundown SIA1750. Your stock electrical should be able to handle that.

Ended up getting 2 JL Audio 10w7 subs. They will be forward facing under the rear seat with a ported box. Installer can't schedule me for a few weeks but this is what I'm going with.

I listened to a bunch of 8s and 6.5s. They sound good but they don't drop the low end out. Yeah, they can get loud, but they lack the SQ I want. If I can't put my system on a chill volume and just enjoy it then what's the point? Got a bunch of Focal 3-ways as well. Would have gone with Morel again but Focal suits this build better, imo. Going to be pushing 750 watts to each 10w7 for a total of 1500.

Thanks again for the advice. I'll report back once the system is installed and I can comment on the quality (or stupidity lol) of my choice.

Ended up getting 2 JL Audio 10w7 subs. They will be forward facing under the rear seat with a ported box. Installer can't schedule me for a few weeks but this is what I'm going with.

I listened to a bunch of 8s and 6.5s. They sound good but they don't drop the low end out. Yeah, they can get loud, but they lack the SQ I want. If I can't put my system on a chill volume and just enjoy it then what's the point? Got a bunch of Focal 3-ways as well. Would have gone with Morel again but Focal suits this build better, imo. Going to be pushing 750 watts to each 10w7 for a total of 1500.

Thanks again for the advice. I'll report back once the system is installed and I can comment on the quality (or stupidity lol) of my choice.

Your getting taken to the cleaners lol. But hopefully the installers skills can make it worth what they are ripping you off for in product markup.

it was a joke. Nothing wrong with some BOSS jokes every once in a while. The man already concluded the thread with his JL purchase.

I was looking at how many comments you have made with only 4 thumbs up. That seems a little odd. I was thinking that you may have been in some smack talking on here in the past. Look at my negative rating. It's mainly due to the forum pedophile named Buck.

Bruh he's got 4 more thumbs up than you..

Kid, I have been way over 300 multiple times. My negative rating comes from people like the forum pedophile Buck. People make multiple accounts just so thay can dislike my posts more than once. It's usually when they try and talk shitt and lose. They stay up all night disliking every post that I have ever made. It's actually a sign of respect to me. Stick around and learn kid.

Kid, I have been way over 300 multiple times. My negative rating comes from people like the forum pedophile Buck. People make multiple accounts just so thay can dislike my posts more than once. It's usually when they try and talk shitt and lose. They stay up all night disliking every post that I have ever made. It's actually a sign of respect to me. Stick around and learn kid.

Lol.. trigger man? more like shooting blanks.. You got the Kid stuff twisted I was born in the 70's

Lol.. trigger man? more like shooting blanks.. You got the Kid stuff twisted I was born in the 70's

Wrong again kid. I was born in the 60's. Look at my negative rating kid. It used to be over -1,200. I triggered so many people to make multiple accounts and stay up all night just and dislike every post that I've ever made. Trigger Man it is. KID!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...