Shallow 10 or 8

Participant count
  • Participant list
Gotcha.. For under $425 bucks?? I thought that might be a fairly decent substage and he can tune accordingly

By "modest" I meant the amount of bass and sound.

He put a link up of a 10tw1 in a tiny sealed box for a SUV lol..

He said
"Was looking to run a single sub in my SUV and was looking at the JL audio tw1 powered sealed enclosure. My goal is not getting loud but fill in the bass my stock system is missing"

By "modest" I meant the amount of bass and sound.

He put a link up of a 10tw1 in a tiny sealed box for a SUV lol..

He said
"Was looking to run a single sub in my SUV and was looking at the JL audio tw1 powered sealed enclosure. My goal is not getting loud but fill in the bass my stock system is missing"
LOL. Gotcha man. Ya.. I was thinking to myself the money spent on the JL enclosure, and what you could get and do for less money with much better results, and without disappointment involved as well. Yet.. I myself have a pair of Dayton HO 10s that I did a sealed enclosure in sep chambers on 2k in a 99 CRV, and ended up going ported and deff did much better. though.. I just wanted a bit more as usual. and ended up with an over kill on the substage. Which really let me know that i am still more of a bass head than I originally thought over the years..LOL. I think a little more on tap is generally a plus, and can always be tuned to blend without disappointment.

Last edited:
Acura RDX. Would I better off going with this then?

Also I want to use as little space as possible because I have a baby and still need the trunk that's why I was thinking the jltw one with the amp built in would be perfect as if I need to remove it it's quick and easy

Does anyone have experience with the tw1 10-in will it fill the base I'm lacking in my stock system

Also I want to use as little space as possible because I have a baby and still need the trunk that's why I was thinking the jltw one with the amp built in would be perfect as if I need to remove it it's quick and easy

Does anyone have experience with the tw1 10-in will it fill the base I'm lacking in my stock system

If you want "small as possible" just do the Dayton 10" HO It will work in as little as .33 cuft. Sealed. Then you could always mount the amp to the box.. I just couldn't justify the price that 10tw1 with a built in amp would cost and I have not even seen the price..

I like JL stuff and own some but I will only buy there gear used do to their pricing.

Yeah I found it on Facebook gonna pick it up this evening. If I don't like it I might just grab a sundown SA8 or X8 or maybe the CT Sounds Meso 8.

What's the difference I'm gonna hear between those 3.

Want something to sound like this but not run as much power.

Yeah I found it on Facebook gonna pick it up this evening. If I don't like it I might just grab a sundown SA8 or X8 or maybe the CT Sounds Meso 8.

The list of the sub,amp and enclosure I recommended earlier will do some work if you want it too. I have the XD 10 and put it in a neighbors Mustang 16 model on a PPI phantom 1000.1d and it was pretty brute/got Nasty and sounded very nice when toned down.Not a bad set up for the $. But Hey?? Its your vehicle, your system, and your $. ..If you want simple and a little bump.. Id look at a Bazooka 8250. easy to unplug,remove,and takes very little space,and doesnt weigh much at all. Other than that?? May take a look at an Alpine TypeR even, but you still need Power for it also. Hope everything works out well.Best

Difference is going to be the enclosure,location of port and sub and tuning,and power provided

I'm gonna try the JL tw1 sealed with the powered 400watt amp. If I don't like it I'll probably go for a sundown SA8 ported on about 600rms. Any other good musical subs for all types of music but mostly rap.

In think the sundown X8 might not musical but geared toward low end notes. Also only reason I'm looking at CT Sounds as the meso 8 is a decent price compared to other subs like the sundown. Any experience with them and also skar audio? The VD series

Last edited:
I'm gonna try the JL tw1 sealed with the powered 400watt amp. If I don't like it I'll probably go for a sundown SA8 ported on about 600rms. Any other good musical subs for all types of music but mostly rap.

In think the sundown X8 might not musical but geared toward low end notes. Also only reason I'm looking at CT Sounds as the meso 8 is a decent price compared to other subs like the sundown. Any experience with them and also skar audio? The VD series

Don't overlook the American Bass VFL8. My setup.

Long story short the guy sold the jail audio TW one before I got there. Should I still go for the jail audio TW and powered by the 400 w hand built in or should I just go with skar audio vd8 on a JL 500jx in a sealed box. I have a little cubby on the left quarter panel to store phone stuff and I can probably do a sealed box that's 0.30 to 0.40 cubes.

Do something like this.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...