Shallow 10 or 8

Participant count
  • Participant list

MKIII7

CarAudio.com Recruit
Was looking to run a single sub in my SUV and was looking at the JL audio tw1 powered sealed enclosure. My goal is not getting loud but fill in the bass my stock system is missing. Or would I be better off getting a single 8 like a sundown SA8 or X8 or even a CT Sounds Meso8?

It depends on the box and what you do with the 8"

If you are wanted to stick with a small sealed setup up I'd just get one of the Dayton 10's and give it a good 600 watts rms

Be a nice substage

Be a nice substage
I would tune the enclosure @33HTZ

This should work for you. A one cube ported box tuned to 33 hz.

Screenshot_20220827-233757_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220827-234137_Chrome.jpg

What SUV is this going in?? Sometimes an 8 just isnt going to get it done with a large Cabin space on 500-800 watts that Ive seen and heard in action to my liking. I can see an 8 in like a honda CRV or the Like and get half decent response out of it.. A larger SUV Like a Surburb or? I think a 10 inch min. would be more ideal for substage with better results IMO/Experiences

Last edited:
Ive been Eyeballing this 8 for a while. I have an enclosure for a 8 and wanting to try an 8 out again for a little bit for fun, or put in my 08 hhr or a single 10 I have laying around. I was looking at CT Sounds Messo for an 8 under $200 range. Id like to see what is on sale this Labor day

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...