new build

On a happier note I think you made a good choice on the amp the vital powers are well-known beastmode amps and once you get this sorted out or I'm sure you will be super happy with it I know it was a tough choice for you between this and the SCV 7500 both killer but for the money it is just so hard to beat the VP and that's coming from a guy who is definitely just a little bit of a sundown nut hugger
I was also strongly considering the Synergy audio wtf7.1

but yeah it's hard to pass up the vital power..

I'll be clamping it soon. Still gotta get another battery and two cap banks.

It was in the original packaging. Guy only opened it to prove to me it was working(I requested he do so).It was clearly dropped. It weights at least 45 pounds it a monster. So it fell hard. tomorrow I'm going to go ahead and run the remaining wire.i already have some wire ran but not all of them. I'm going to drop it in and test it hook one of the woofers up and play it free air and see what happens.
So U bought the amp used from a 3rd party? Like you didn’t buy it new directly from vital power?

Also don’t hook it up and use it if your going to file a claim.... that’s not how it works. If shipping messes it up you give it back exactly how you got it... not after you take it out the package and hook it up.

So U bought the amp used from a 3rd party? Like you didn’t buy it new directly from vital power?Also don’t hook it up and use it if your going to file a claim.... that’s not how it works. If shipping messes it up you give it back exactly how you got it... not after you take it out the package and hook it up.
It was unopened. I made him test it.

I ain't giving them anything broken or not.

Where I'm going to get a new heat sink? Should I send it to the manufacture to retest and confirm it won't fail after being dropped twice?

It was unopened. I made him test it. I ain't giving them anything broken or not.

Where I'm going to get a new heat sink? Should I send it to the manufacture to retest and confirm it won't fail after being dropped twice?
U file a claim with the shipper/shipping company ASAP. U don’t wait multiple days and use the amp and then say it works but U want my money back.

I honestly don’t know why you wouldn’t buy it new from the company. It’s cheap as fvck for a brand new amp. Guess u don’t have all that money u talk about

U file a claim with the shipper/shipping company ASAP. U don’t wait multiple days and use the amp and then say it works but U want my money back.I honestly don’t know why you wouldn’t buy it new from the company. It’s cheap as fvck for a brand new amp. Guess u don’t have all that money u talk about
Dude you're a f****** moron get the f*** out of here I filed the claim as soon as I picked it up and seen it was f***** up it doesn't matter about if I f****** bought it second party or not..

Found the plug on the lithium cells. 500 bones for a 50ah unit.
Not a fan of lithium’s at all. Had a few buddies try them and they took them out.Specifically Juicebox and JY... No one wants amperage down at 10v.. alternator power is where it’s at.

I might build a bracket in place of the tensioner. But until then I need to supply it with going past 12.5.

Voltage sag is killer two sets of 5 of the 3v maxwell cells and another battery should help stabilize it on the dynamic stuff and keep it from dropping below 12.

If I could fit two alternators what on a bunch of modification I would but until I get some time off of work I won't be doing anything.

I had to take off today air mass sensor took a s*** on me and last night I built the subs I still got to rewire for the vp and my two 100.2s and 200.4.

Also reinforce the doors.

I was also strongly considering the Synergy audio wtf7.1but yeah it's hard to pass up the vital power..

I'll be clamping it soon. Still gotta get another battery and two cap banks.
Yeah those Synergy amps are beast to from what I've heard before I bought my vfl comp 4k's I was really considering ordering Twisted sounds 2.8k's or synergy wfo 3.5 k's honestly I wasn't even considering American bass or vfl but then it hit me that I might be able to find American base amps local so I went and checked with a few dealers and found the best price on the vfl amps so that's what I ended up with

Well I'm going to hook it up and see if it works and see what they say about it if it works I might keep it but I'd rather get a replacement. I got it late Saturday night at about 8

I won't tell. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gifIt's a small rope.
Pipe cleaners work very well too.

Look what these m************ do to your $1,200 amp I want my f****** money back, regardless if it works or not.. nothing's loose I inspected the board everything looks solid but who knows how long it'll last..
I didn't power it up yet I will tomorrow morning but **** man you save your money up you wait and wait and you finally get what you want and f****** play *** it up for you
You should have bought my Shocker 4K, I'd have packed it right. I've had amps dropped and broke worse. You really have to pack these things to survive a 2 story drop because that's what UPS does to them. If it wasn't double boxed with plenty of padding UPS will not honor an insurance claim, FedEx and USPS are a little better.

I had a Fusion 4K dropped so hard it broke off the power terminals from the board and a Zed Milith (last gen mono amp) where someone drove a fork truck into the side of the box and put a 5" fork blade divot in the heatsink.

No one wants amperage down at 10v..
Street guys do.

Well I'm going to hook it up and see if it works and see what they say about it if it works I might keep it but I'd rather get a replacement. I got it late Saturday night at about 8
Someone packed it improperly, very probably insurance won't pay, and the seller is going to take it up the arse if you make a stink about this most likely. It's rough because when you blow it up you'll always wonder if it was some damage done by the drop.

Pipe cleaners work very well too.

You should have bought my Shocker 4K, I'd have packed it right. I've had amps dropped and broke worse. You really have to pack these things to survive a 2 story drop because that's what UPS does to them. If it wasn't double boxed with plenty of padding UPS will not honor an insurance claim, FedEx and USPS are a little better.

I had a Fusion 4K dropped so hard it broke off the power terminals from the board and a Zed Milith (last gen mono amp) where someone drove a fork truck into the side of the box and put a 5" fork blade divot in the heatsink.

Street guys do.

Someone packed it improperly, very probably insurance won't pay, and the seller is going to take it up the arse if you make a stink about this most likely. It's rough because when you blow it up you'll always wonder if it was some damage done by the drop.
Well it was in the factory box I mean literally he never even open the box. He only agreed to open the box and put it in his son's car to test because I promised to buy it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.