new build

if i can find something strong down to 500 id do that. honestly ive never done a 3way. but the more i think about it the more i want a 4" crossed low like 400 or so.
If you have the room for a 4 inch and space to provide proper enclosure then there a quite a few options...The AF 2.5's are for those who want extension and have limited space, hence the size and tiny volume required. I can vouch for their ability to extend low and sound amazing...I've never used a driver so capable in that size. Morel just released a small diameter midrange:

https://www.morelhifi.com/product/ccwr254/

May be worth looking into.

If you have the room for a 4 inch and space to provide proper enclosure then there a quite a few options...The AF 2.5's are for those who want extension and have limited space, hence the size and tiny volume required. I can vouch for their ability to extend low and sound amazing...I've never used a driver so capable in that size. Morel just released a small diameter midrange:https://www.morelhifi.com/product/ccwr254/

May be worth looking into.
last time i heard morels they just didn't have a ton of output but this was a long time ago! i like the audiofrog but they are abit more than i wanted to pay. might save up for them if they hace the output and sound great.

this is a SQ system that has to be loud to keep up with the wall at moderate output..

I have morel integra 4's and I have them crossed down to 200hz with a 36db slope and they play just fine. Like was said before, I wouldn't cross-over in the vocal range like that, tuning would be even more of a pain than it is.

Are you using a dsp?

If you're running a wall with tons of power, I recommend doubling up on your mids. If you get a processor, most have presets that you can switch on the fly if you really just want to get loud or want to show off the sq.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I have morel integra 4's and I have them crossed down to 200hz with a 36db slope and they play just fine. Like was said before, I wouldn't cross-over in the vocal range like that, tuning would be even more of a pain than it is.
Are you using a dsp?

If you're running a wall with tons of power, I recommend doubling up on your mids. If you get a processor, most have presets that you can switch on the fly if you really just want to get loud or want to show off the sq.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Right now i have a twk 88. i just bought three new xenon 100.2s(my 200,4 shorted and blew all my drivers)

The mids are 8ohm and these will give me 250x1 er mid. its unorthodox but t was very cheap(380 for all three shipped BNIB) i'm gonna try one set for now because i can fit them in the factory location without a ton of modification. your right its gonna be loud as **** but its going ot be a wall that's tuned for comps to meter and then tuned very low for daily(28 o so) to get a nice flat response and to match the mids level like a SQ install would..

iGttdkS.jpg

YGKZPUS.jpg

McCauley these from what i understand come out of one of their ****** line array systems. they aren't exactly bass heavy but they definitely sound good. i only had 100x2 on them and no EQ so I'm sure ill get killer sound out of them in my car..

sub amp

6fiuOeV.jpg

cemamic dome tweeters. they are pretty **** sweet.(still want you to try them installin)

mids/twtter amps

iUbtD6f.jpg

tweeters

IZz1Bol.jpg

Don't rule out planar mids. If you can put them on-axis and have space to mount them some of the larger ones could fill nicely from 400 to 2.2K. I did quite well replacing the 4" out of my old Boston Pro 3 ways with a B&G planar after the mids roasted from a head unit failure and they no longer made replacements down in Peabody.

Don't rule out planar mids. If you can put them on-axis and have space to mount them some of the larger ones could fill nicely from 400 to 2.2K. I did quite well replacing the 4" out of my old Boston Pro 3 ways with a B&G planar after the mids roasted from a head unit failure and they no longer made replacements down in Peabody.
man you know i been highly interested in the Dayton AMT. I've look into the planers as well.

i wanted to do a "floating" amp rack but i'm limited on time and space and it will be coming out soon for next year. so what i did is cut the board the width i needed and the mounting holes on the amps are about 2"s from the outside edges so i cut the wood wide enough to screw them down but not wide enough to be "exposed" on the top and bottom. this is going to give an appearance of them "floating" somewhat. I'm dying to use some plexiglass..i might do plexi covers for the wiring in the middle of the amps.

4XZcBDE.jpg

Waiting for the motors to come bought a pair of 9500I motors.

Still thinking about doing mids. Might just do a pair of planar tweeters.

Gonna be in modified I have a 3500 for now. Need to find someone who is in similar class to compete with. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.