new build

Considering how stiff your suspension will be it's going to be a non-issue in your application but it's definitely not as neat to glue down the surround when it's hovering 1/8" above the frame when you rest it in place.
I'm contemplating on just ordering some cones found some for ,$130

Pretty **** tight but this is the last motor to use the short copper 3" coil. The new 9500k uses the larger longer coil. I talked to the guys at DD and despite having I have your call the colon area is 25% larger and is actually just as light as the original cone so it's really not much of a loss except for the higher qts / qts which when you order the super charge option brings your qts down to about .45 or so vs .65.
Man I need to start typing this on my laptop note the colon area.

Kmsl

Not exactly a nice sight to see but it really does sound f****** great I'm going to pull the door back apart reinforce to the inner door with fiberglass. I already have a bracket behind the mid it that's sandwiches the mid and the bracket to the panel. So I'm going to reinforce the inside and outside with glass and then order some guards from what's his face on here I'll clean it up a lot..

As for integrating the tweeters I think they going to stay here I pretty much just dropped them in and they sound f****** great.

if someone has some advice on how to integrate them and make them look better without totally destroying the piece that they mounted on and making it non-removable I'm going to take.some advice.. I'm thinking about trimming the mounting flange on the horn just to fit a little bit more seamless and then maybe glass around that but if you do too much work on you front panels in front of the b-pillar above the mid-range they want to throw you in extreme.

AxLLF3e.jpg

I'm still just mocking things up and looking for the best soundstage so integrating everything is still in the early stages it's going to take me a couple of weeks to get it in right but my plan is to have something I can daily Drive in the high 40s and low 50s and still sounds very good for daily the subs be tune to 34 in about 12 cubes so I should have a nice flat response with a bump around 34 and low enough group delay to keep the bass up front without being overbearing.

I'm getting a Yukon Denali in about the next 6 months to a year and that'll be my whip while this will be my work car but it's my spl car from here on out..

Last edited by a moderator:
What are you using to build up that triple joint?
I won't tell. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

It's a small rope.

Lay down in initial layer ofglue to slightly penetrate the cone and then put the Rope. I do like I'm putting down a welding bead. Lol

Now I'm going to go over that joint one more time and I'm about to leave and overlap around the cone.

Look what these m************ do to your $1,200 amp I want my f****** money back, regardless if it works or not.. nothing's loose I inspected the board everything looks solid but who knows how long it'll last..

I didn't power it up yet I will tomorrow morning but **** man you save your money up you wait and wait and you finally get what you want and f****** play *** it up for you

**** bro sorry to hear that about the amp that is super shity nobody should have to go through that I know how it is I've worked my *** off for every little piece of gear I have and when s*** like that happens it's truly heartbreaking that is why I hate the thought of ordering anything and try to buy all my s*** local I went to the local battery store to buy a charger the other day they didn't stock the one I wanted so I ordered it through them they had it shipped to my house showed up had clearly been dropped when they unloaded it off the truck fresh mud all over the Box holes knocked in it luckily it was just the shipping package in the charger seems fine cuz it's like a $250 charger but that is nothing compared to what you're going through right now with that amp I really hate to hear that man hopefully you can get it sorted out best of luck to you

Looks like it wuz dropped to me... was it packaged well?.. those delivery guys usually handle packages with SOME care. Have you inquired as to the cause yet?.. somebody ought to make it right. Anything I purchase ought to arrive in flawless condition or its goin back as soon as I get a RA#.

I guess it all boils down to what delivery guy you get and if he hates the world that day or not cuz I have seen some packages come in pristine Manor and some come looking like they survived an explosion but just barely not through my personal experience because I am too much of a ****** to order stuff on the regular but friends and family actually thinking about it I have personally ordered one thing from the internet and the charger mentioned above the one from the internet was for kicker free air 15s back in the day waited patiently for a couple weeks before they finally showed up and of course there was only one took another 30 days to get the other three but I eventually did get them also my wife ordered a signed copy of the DanTDM movie for our daughter and we waited probably 3 months for that thing and when it got here it was a DVD with a different region code so it is unplayable unless you have a DVD from that region of the world luckily that was ordered through Amazon Prime so we are hoping to get that resolved Some day but after the three-month wait initially and the almost 3 months it's been now not looking too promising sorry p.m. not trying to take over your thread or make it about me just making it clear that I feel your pain and let people understand why I am scared of ordering anyting expensive

On a happier note I think you made a good choice on the amp the vital powers are well-known beastmode amps and once you get this sorted out or I'm sure you will be super happy with it I know it was a tough choice for you between this and the SCV 7500 both killer but for the money it is just so hard to beat the VP and that's coming from a guy who is definitely just a little bit of a sundown nut hugger

yeah I'm kind of upset but I know things like this happen it was insured and I'm going to get the money back regardless if it works or not because if it does work in my only work for a month or so.

it was packaged in a manufacturing Packaging The only reason it was open was to test to make sure it wasn't doa.

the guy took pictures before he shipped it and I'm glad he did when I got it, it was smashed on both ends I mean it was bad.

I'll see if it works but like I said just cuz it works for a couple of days don't mean it's good

Looks like it wuz dropped to me... was it packaged well?.. those delivery guys usually handle packages with SOME care. Have you inquired as to the cause yet?.. somebody ought to make it right. Anything I purchase ought to arrive in flawless condition or its goin back as soon as I get a RA#.
It was in the original packaging. Guy only opened it to prove to me it was working(I requested he do so).

It was clearly dropped. It weights at least 45 pounds it a monster. So it fell hard. tomorrow I'm going to go ahead and run the remaining wire.i already have some wire ran but not all of them. I'm going to drop it in and test it hook one of the woofers up and play it free air and see what happens.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.