new build

DL5NzFU.jpg

Mockup I love the white on black with the black letters. I'm not overly impressed with the fit of the softparts.

The cone is slightly to deep. The cones are stupid light. 200 grams with the surround. 4 layer copper coil with sandwich leads I don't particularly like this set up because it puts up stress point on a joint where It's soldered to the direct connection leads. The weight of the wreck can damage the tinsel leads. No no DD..

BrckVwu.jpg

3VoO64j.jpg

well i had 400 per side to my other PA mids and i was jst asking too much from them so on my search for the perfect drives these are the next victim.

https://www.parts-express.com/bc-8bg51-8-neodymium-woofer--294-696

first off. i don't know what is more impressive the bass output or high end extension. I'm excited and will be breaking them in tonight. 400x2 or these fuckers so i have to be pretty cautious. these freaking PG Xenons don't PLAY.

Now to find some ****** tweeters that will fit without to much modification

uGro8Lj.jpg

9ppr7pB.jpg

17y8BFM.jpg

I have around 3" mounting diameter. The morel 378 looks sweet for the monies but I want to try a ribbon tooLol
You can put on your big boy pants and run a RAAL...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Mockup I love the white on black with the black letters. I'm not overly impressed with the fit of the softparts.The cone is slightly to deep. The cones are stupid light. 200 grams with the surround. 4 layer copper coil with sandwich leads I don't particularly like this set up because it puts up stress point on a joint where It's soldered to the direct connection leads. The weight of the wreck can damage the tinsel leads. No no DD..
Plenty of subs have some space between cone and spider. The idea is if you do need to stack the spiders very thick or use a spacer even you have some extra space. You should be burying the solder joint of tinsels to coil leads in glue or it will be a weak spot whatever way you get them through (though I also prefer floating leads).

Light cone is nice. You're not going to be nearly loud enough to start shredding cones so anything more is just lost efficiency.

How tight are the gaps in those newer motors by the way?

Plenty of subs have some space between cone and spider. The idea is if you do need to stack the spiders very thick or use a spacer even you have some extra space. You should be burying the solder joint of tinsels to coil leads in glue or it will be a weak spot whatever way you get them through (though I also prefer floating leads).
Light cone is nice. You're not going to be nearly loud enough to start shredding cones so anything more is just lost efficiency.

The cone is too deep.

Pretty **** tight but this is the last motor to use the short copper 3" coil. The new 9500k uses the larger longer coil. I talked to the guys at DD and despite having I have your call the colon area is 25% larger and is actually just as light as the original cone so it's really not much of a loss except for the higher qts / qts which when you order the super charge option brings your qts down to about .45 or so vs .65.

Do they want a slightly different frame? Too deep on the cone is a PITA. I used to have issues with some of the Sundown Z cones when I used a lot of them.
Yeah. They don't fit without pushing the surround down or pushing the cone down. Wtf!

Yeah. They don't fit without pushing the surround down or pushing the cone down. Wtf!
Considering how stiff your suspension will be it's going to be a non-issue in your application but it's definitely not as neat to glue down the surround when it's hovering 1/8" above the frame when you rest it in place.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.