new build

Pipe cleaners work very well too.

You should have bought my Shocker 4K, I'd have packed it right. I've had amps dropped and broke worse. You really have to pack these things to survive a 2 story drop because that's what UPS does to them. If it wasn't double boxed with plenty of padding UPS will not honor an insurance claim, FedEx and USPS are a little better.

I had a Fusion 4K dropped so hard it broke off the power terminals from the board and a Zed Milith (last gen mono amp) where someone drove a fork truck into the side of the box and put a 5" fork blade divot in the heatsink.

Street guys do.

Someone packed it improperly, very probably insurance won't pay, and the seller is going to take it up the arse if you make a stink about this most likely. It's rough because when you blow it up you'll always wonder if it was some damage done by the drop.
I can vouch for this...I worked at UPS for just over a month and hated it. I was a truck unloader. I can tell ya countless times I've seen packages get thrown around, and it's because they're under the clock/being timed for the sorters to place them in the ongoing trucks out for delivery in diff areas. Wasn't fast paced....it was very fast paced. Wasn't for me.

I can vouch for this...I worked at UPS for just over a month and hated it. I was a truck unloader. I can tell ya countless times I've seen packages get thrown around, and it's because they're under the clock/being timed for the sorters to place them in the ongoing trucks out for delivery in diff areas. Wasn't fast paced....it was very fast paced. Wasn't for me.
That's y I want my money. I don't really blame the workers they work their asses off I do blame the company for not taking care of a package that's it fragile all over it I mean it did drop so hard that I busted all of the protective phone and Chip the heat sink. It had to be dropped at least 6 foot.

I'm plugged up both the wolfers today to test the amp and it didn't take much for them to ****.

These drivers are definitely more suited for spl. Not a ton on linear throw. Or throw for that matter.

Once I do a few shows I'm changing over to FI BTL neos.

WHO told me not to. its m amp i can hook it up if i want. they caused damage. that is the matter at hand. i did everything i was required to do.
Are you drunk? Eating tide pods? Forget to take your meds for the day? Read past replies...

Xzarkqa.png

about 10 minutes free air. FS dropped for 45 to 39 vas came up 10 liters. QES is way high for a "spl" woofer but its ok because ou can utilize the acoustical efficiency and transfer function of hte larger box to make u for the weak motor.

low inductive design for the most part but still very reactive(poor BL linearity). big old box boy. don't tune too low! box its 13.75 tuned to 35 for daily 200n^2 SPL tune is 350 tuned to 49.. i know I'm going to get alot of impedance rise and sift for burps. im A going to have to get dual 1 or get another amp. which i will be doing anyway for the next setup. m not sold on these outside of being a good SPL woofer. i know i'm going to crave a better linear low distortion design for daily..

Worked on the box yesterday. Had a hard time getting it together inside the car by myself but it came together good. About 1/2 on the box. Got to choose up the roof a bit more to get it to fit and I'll finish the box. The trim pieces will be glassed into the roof and b piller won't be this week but I'm hoping I can do some testing and break them In a bit next weekend. Gonna post some pics later. Gotta do more cutting

NICE are you doing a build log at all?
The sunroof brackets have been cut to allow me to build the box. It gave me just enough clearance to screw the box together.

BAgAz68.jpg

I put the back and bottom together first then the sides then took some cuts and wedged the top peace into place. It took me about 20 minutes and about 8 tries to get it square.

piOqGqh.jpg

Boomings

lcGFyMZ.jpg

Mom

Ge9UeOI.jpg

You can kind of tell but I tilted the piece to glue in the back and I put it on generously on the sides. Then wedged it in place and screwed it together best as I could what about a foot of space behind the box to screw into the back. I had to actually go and I'm about a 45 degree angle. It came together pretty **** good considering how fucked up it is to build it in this **** box.. lol

7zr1KbZ.jpg

My car's dirty af. Working at a gypsum manufacturing plant it's pointless to wash it

v3msdx2.jpg

13.75 tuned to 35 for daily 200n^2 SPL tune is 350 tuned to 49...
You're going to wish you made the box bigger. Is it too late? I'd be shooting for 8-10 cube per 18. Also I don't think the port can be too big either. Get the port and box as large as you can then test shrinking. Way easier to add more wood than take some out once it's all put together.

If your port is behind your driver's seat you probably won't need any sort of port insert or anything, just having the seat sitting there in the port should tune it down plenty for music, then just pull the seats to get your burp tuning. Speaking of which, why on Earth have you not pulled the seats out to work on that box?

If you reach your SPL goals in output you can get "flat" with some DSP. Absolutely no reason to start throwing different subs at this IMO.

Anyway, I'm pretty stoked to see you actually starting this build. Keep the pictures coming.

You're going to wish you made the box bigger. Is it too late? I'd be shooting for 8-10 cube per 18. Also I don't think the port can be too big either. Get the port and box as large as you can then test shrinking. Way easier to add more wood than take some out once it's all put together.
If your port is behind your driver's seat you probably won't need any sort of port insert or anything, just having the seat sitting there in the port should tune it down plenty for music, then just pull the seats to get your burp tuning. Speaking of which, why on Earth have you not pulled the seats out to work on that box?

If you reach your SPL goals in output you can get "flat" with some DSP. Absolutely no reason to start throwing different subs at this IMO.

Anyway, I'm pretty stoked to see you actually starting this build. Keep the pictures coming.
I did that I put it back in because it's a hell of a lot easier. Believe it or not! I could use the seat the wedge the box and i could kneel on the seat, reach and leaned over like I wanted.

it's f***** pouring down here all day and I don't have a shop I'm still shopping for a house here

I did't want to buy a nice house and a job didn't work out but I been here almost a year.

I have money saved for a crib. I'm gonna u one pretty soon I think I'm going to settle down here.

Back to the topic.

Daily with this box I'll have 198in^2 tuned to 35

And the spl port will be 396in^2 in 14.2.

When you tune in hard you don't really need a huge box.. port area is much more important plus I'll have plenty power to slap these b****** around I told you I was getting another 700.1 right? But for now it's one to **** up the old *** boy from mine. Then it's on for finals

FYI. I want as big as possible I had to cut brackets out to fit it but I'll doing any kind of crazy type of does on this is basically what I'll get is 38 wide 37.5 tall and 24 deep

Port is removable. The spl port will be screwed into the face from the side it's 11x36x9.. for daily I have a piece that will cover 6" with some tricks it will seal up a section and the daily port will slide in and mount up. 15 minutes to change it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.